Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to switch there regular Cadillac Escalade grille for the Platinum grille? I have a 2015i Premium Escalade and I am wondering if it would be fairly easy converting the grille to a platinum grille.. And would it need to be professionally installed or is it pretty easy that I could install myself. Also I'm wondering if anyone has the $100 exhaust tip accessory for the escalade? If so can you post pictures from different angles. Thank you.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
To buy the P, you need the P grille, P wheels to look the external part. The hood trim is also different from the regular.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not looking to convert my Premium into a Platinum. I would just like to switch out the Grille because I like how the Platinum grille looks even if it's just a suttle difference..

·
Registered
993 Posts
Knowing GM, it's probably a direct swap! You should head down to the dealership and inspect a Platinum and non-Platinum model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm doing the wheels and grille changover as well but I can't see how the hood chrome piece is different. Can someone explain??

·
Registered
Bentley Continental GT, 2015 Escalade
36 Posts
Accomplished with no issues, lined up perfectly and did not have to change hood trim. We did have to remove bumper to fit the grill.

also, the bottom bumper grill on the non platinums matches the platinum grill perfectly as opposed to the "thinner" trim thats on the platinum editions.

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
Eyceburg11 said:
Accomplished with no issues, lined up perfectly and did not have to change hood trim. We did have to remove bumper to fit the grill. also, the bottom bumper grill on the non platinums matches the platinum grill perfectly as opposed to the "thinner" trim thats on the platinum editions. http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/eyceburg11/media/IMG_8142_zpsl1zmccs0.jpg.htmlhttp://s1155.photobucket.com/user/eyceburg11/media/IMG_8120_zpsnjccgy7p.jpg.html
Would that work on the premium trim with the ACC . I assuming it won't am I right?

·
Registered
2011 SRX w/ AWD, 2013 CTS Coupe w/ AWD
10 Posts
How's about the front camera.. I see there mounted differently on the platinum..
Anyone know the answer to this question? I really want to swap out the standard grille on my '16 ESV Luxury model for the Platinum grille, but I am worried that the camera will not function correctly due to being mounted in a bit of a different spot (about 6 inches higher). Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
Escalade 2008 & Escalade 2016
3 Posts
Im going to change apperance of my Escalade too (it is premium)... Please let me know the GM number of Platinum grille :)

·
Registered
2015 escalade premium
2 Posts
Did you complete it?? I have a 15 escalade and want to change the grill. However the 15 has no era in the front .is there a hook up or will it be non working

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
68 Posts
Dealership told me that it will not fit if we buy the 2015i or newer grill for the old emblem style. Anyone on this forum done this and have any part numbers?? I would love to do this also...... The Lexani grills are nice but more than I would like to spend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts