Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I hope you are pleased with the results. I have had several platinums now, and besides REALLY missing my tow hooks, I like the standard front end better, although the headlights on the platinum look good, I miss the extra light outout of the HID where we live and drive it's important because there are no lights around

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
Looks nice... 1 question... can just the top grill be changed, or is the whole bumper changed with the bottom grill as well... I myself like the two hooks as well as dont want the lower grill... just top... but it looks like you cant just replace the grill as it is angled different.... unless thats how it appears in the picture.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
31 Posts
that looks good, were you able to use all the same hardware from your old grill/bumper assembly? How much did it cost to swap everything out like that?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Not a huge fan of the platinum front end, the grille etc. remind me of the previous generation Escalade. But everyone has a a diff taste, enjoy and it looks good :), i just prefer the standard front end myself

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
5 Posts
Im doing the same thing now, trying to find out everything that is needed.. having a hard time finding out where to find & what I need besides the bumper, grilles (both) & 'radiator cover'? i have a 2010 & am hoping to use a 2012 platinum bumper

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Search the forum, people have done write ups covering this topic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think this is a nice mod. On a side note, I just swapped my grille to a black sport one, and it is apparant I am NOT a body man,,,, shadetree mechnic perhaps, but I fought with the removal of the stock grille for 40 minutes and 2 beers! Those things snap in TIGHT!!! Not sure if I would want to tackle the platinum mod!

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
5 Posts
MrHolland said:
Search the forum, people have done write ups covering this topic.
I mentioned what I had found so far (searching the forum).. And still had a question. It's not very helpful to tell someone to "search".. Especially if you've done the mod.

I've seen where ppl have provided links & I searched myself. If its not something you feel like answering I understand. But searching isn't 100% every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts