Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if i can get the platinum bumper bottom piece, and stick it on the bottom like a decal? any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like the bottom of the platinum escalade bumper, there is that grill on the bottom half. Im wondering if I can get the bottom grill as a decal, so I can glue/3m tape it on to my 2007 escalade bottom bumper. sorry my description didnt make alot of sense lol
thanks

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
618 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
You can get tow hook covers on eBay, like AZklaus said, that are designed to match the OEM grill. In my opinion that's the best look for non-platinum bumpers. I will be ordering these soon (E&G Tow Hook Covers):

View attachment 279834

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do u think about the price? its like 99$+ 40 shipping to canada for those covers. worth it?
thanks

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
To be honest I have no idea if it's worth it, I've never seen them in person. Other members in here have put them on and were very happy. I'm assuming no issues. You can buy cheaper ones but I can almost guarantee they'll rust or break, these won't because they're made out of stainless steel.

I'm debating doing it because I'm actually looking to get rid of some of the chrome on mine. Mainly on the side of the vehicle: door handles, window trim, and door guard trim. I think the E&G tow hook covers offer the best factory look while giving it a touch of the platinum look. In my opinion you can cheapen the look of a car with chrome add-ons. This is the cleanest option that offers a high quality product (stainless steel - not plastic).

As far as price eBay is the cheapest I can find, $99 and free shipping to continental US. I don't know where you can get it with cheaper shipping to Canada, sorry.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Evois, I believe you have to do some cutting/drilling to put the covers in, is that correct? Was it simple and did the covers fasten in tightly? Thanks.

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS 383 LT1 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 DTS
197 Posts
You will have to drill holes to mount the hardware that covers fasten to. If you go to CarId websites they do have the installation instructions listed with the product.

383 LT1 SS

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,730 Posts
denaliguy said:
Evois, I believe you have to do some cutting/drilling to put the covers in, is that correct? Was it simple and did the covers fasten in tightly? Thanks.
The grille comes with two middle metal pieces that holds the grille in middle by making two holes. The lateral part of the grill comes with an Allen screw to hold the grille in place. I used a self tapping rivet and it worked fine,!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts