Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this subject but did not find much detail. This is the visor that is hidden in the headliner, seems subject to breaking at about the 10 year mark. Has anyone replaced this yet? Do you have any tips or tricks to share? It is on the drivers side. Any help will be appreciated.

John

·
Registered
1997 Deville Concours
188 Posts
They were a good idea with bad forethought. Natural instinct is to pull them towards you to put them up, when infact you need to push them back into place. If you can find the plactic part at a salvage yard they are held to the hinge with four small screws that are accessable without taking the head liner out. If the hinge and track is damaged, that is a bigger problem.
I found extras at the junk yard and keep them on hand incase I break yet another.

DAVE
'97 Concours

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I wouldn't say they break at the 10 year mark. The ones in my 1994 arent broken and its older then that.

·
Registered
97 Deville N*, 2005 CTS V6
97 Posts
My drivers side visor broke last summer. I pulled it all the way out, cleared the debris and pushed it back up there. It doesen't slip down, and I dont mess with it.

:hide:

·
Banned
1998 Deville
369 Posts
both of my visors in my 98 were broke when I bought my car. I didn't know they were there till 1 fell out. They are extremely cheap made. I want to buy both in blue color if anyone has them to sell. They are a discontinued part from the dealer. They were not made to last. I am sure the dealers sold them like hot cakes till they ran out. It is the most under designed part I have seen on my car. I bet GM has tried to make plastic car rims. The rear bottom half of my fenders are plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts