Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 1998 Catera that I'm planning to sell. I had it for 12 years now and took good care of it. It has 116K miles on it and most of the maintenance work was completed by me. Also, the car has a rebuilt title when I purchased it from the previous owner. No accidents or damages under my ownership. Presently it has a minor oil leak by oil cooler area and there is no coolant mixing with the oil. It's just need either a new oil cooler line or new set of metal washers that goes between the oil cooler line and oil cooler, and re-torqued to specifications. Also, the oil cooler was replaced last year and it was fine at that time with no leaks, again no coolant mixing with the oil. I just don't have time to mess with it now. Car runs and drives great, no mechanical or electrical issues. I also do have some used miscellaneous parts that I'm willing to include with the sale of the car if someone is interested.

Some of the work that I have completed on it.

Replaced timing belt kit, water pump, cam seals and crankshaft seal in 2013 at 105K miles (current miles 116K).
Installed new spark plugs (NGK Iridium), new spark plug wires (Bosch ultra premium) and new fuel injectors couple weeks ago.
Replaced oil and filter (always used full synthetic oil)
New Radiator replaced last year.
New fuel filter couple months ago.
It has the stock style K&N air filter (wash and recharge it with K&N oil kit when required)
Front brake system upgraded to 2004 GTO.
Front struts replaced couple years ago.
Upgraded to SAAB valve covers
New tires in the rear.

I will post pictures later. If anyone is interested please PM me your offer.

----------

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Catera Sport
242 Posts
I just thought I should mention to you as I noticed this in the pictures of your car. The seat belt buckle has that yellow tab showing (drivers)needs to be replaced, my 2000 Catera has the same and that's because it was in a collision and it's been stretched. It's in the manual in the seat restraint section. I also noticed yesterday as well that I can't lock my seat belt like on the other belts when it's fully extended don't know if it's supposed to being the drivers belt.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Planning to selling my Catera

Interesting didn't even know about it. I had the car for so many years and it's been like that.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold my Catera today. I had to for 12 years and it's time to move on to something else.

Also, I'll be around to check what's happening in the forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts