Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase the 2015 Escalade Premium but want the black Platinum wood.

Does anyone here know where I can get this done? and how much?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
That's gonna be a tough one. I don't know if GM will even offer it for sale at a parts counter. GM can barely keep up with production of Platinum Escalades at the plant. Not many Platinums on the ground at dealers nationwide. You would have to get the VIN # from a Escalade Platinum and call your Cadillac parts department, give them the VIN # and tell them what wood replacement pieces you need and they will be able to tell you if the pieces are even available for special order. I doubt they are, but you never know. Try my advice and report back!

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
I have the Luxury and wanted to upgrade to the open pore wood from the Kona Brown interior. I was told 5000+ just for the parts PLUS labor.
My dealer told me that they cannot replace the wood on the doors but rather the door panels need to be replaced to replace the wood.
Sounded pretty shifty to me, but that ended that discussion.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
I have the Luxury and wanted to upgrade to the open pore wood from the Kona Brown interior. I was told 5000+ just for the parts PLUS labor.
My dealer told me that they cannot replace the wood on the doors but rather the door panels need to be replaced to replace the wood.
Sounded pretty shifty to me, but that ended that discussion.
Unfortunately, he is correct.

Short story long...had an 05 STS with light interior but the wood on the left rear door was from the black interior. Simple swap I assumed, but service had to order the entire door panel. Thankfully it was new and a warranty item!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
The wood is "bonded" to the panel and other areas in the vehicle....there is no way to remove it without damaging the wood or the underlying support material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts