Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was just wondering on what exactly i should look for and look out for, and how reliable are they(i currently drive a civic)and as far as maintenance goes, all info that i should and need to know will be helpful and why did they stop making the eldorado. thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
CAD-E! said:
i was just wondering on what exactly i should look for and look out for, and how reliable are they(i currently drive a civic)and as far as maintenance goes, all info that i should and need to know will be helpful and why did they stop making the eldorado. thanks everyone
Good choice on the eldo much better than the civic you got. you have a lot of choices to make. The newer ones 93 or newer come with the north* and the older ones have the 4.9. both are very good and strong engines you need to deciede what your budget is and how long you want the car. I would look for one under 100k miles that is always a safe bet. Now realize there isn't that much custumization on eldos as compared to civics so be prepaired for the price different in getting things fixed. I recently bought a 92 eldo with the 4.9 and i love it. wouldn't give it back. from 92 - 02 there has been little change to the exterior but the interior gets more luxorius every year. The ETC is the "SI" equivilant to your civic. That is a big plus in models. Let me know if this helps. If you need more let me know ill do my best to help out but i am still learning and learning every day. Good luck with your search and keep us updated

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am a big fan of used cars: they run reliably, the lemons die young anyway, and I get to support the local economy when the inevitable need for service arises. I recently bought a 94 Eldo with 121k on the clock because it was a roomy 2 door (my wife's on forearm crutches and the bigger/fewer doors are much easier for her) and it fit the budget (about 6k). I did some research (mostly after the deed was done...) and uncovered the oil leak and other horror stories. I was mildly plagued with buyer's remorse, enhanced by comments from my wife about how we'd never paid so much for a car with so many miles...
I've driven the car about 2000 miles, read the reports of the folks who've driven 175-250k, thrown NO codes, (nearly) floored it a couple of times with gravitational results and am now quite happy with my purchase! Check sites like this, learn to call up the codes of the On Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, round up the usual suspects (check for rust, body damage, water leaks, etc.) and you'll do fine. These are fairly well-made cars, people tend to take care of them, and almost anything is fixable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts