Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cang unlock my drivers side door anymore with the remote or the the power lock button. This just starting happening last night after a brief, heavy, snow fall.

when you hit the remotre or the power lock button the lock slider on the drivers door only goes half way up. The key doesnt work either. The only way to unlock it is to climb int he passenger side and unlock it manually.

but when i hit the lock button either in the car or on the remotre door will lock.

whats wrong with my lock?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Its a bad/failing door lock actuator. On a lot of GM cars the door lock solenoid is part of the assembly that holds the door shut. The door lock actuator.

Often times one of the small internal rubber bumpers fall out. Hence the half unlock mode you see. Sometimes you can still find the small bumper sitting in the bottom of the door.

Once the bumper falls out. The actuator will over shoot and damage the actuator. The labor is the same to repair a actuator or put a new one in. I always just install a new one. Depending if you buy just the actuator....or the actuator/lock assembly....the price for the replacement is $60-100.

The door panel has to come off to access the actuator.

Logan

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it was just iced up too much. once the car warmed up and the frost melted off the outside it worked fine. It works fine this morning too.

thanks for the info though... i should check it out anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
AKPsiMC03