Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ats
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping to get some help I have noticed that my car has tiny brown all over my car, windows and windshield. We have 2 maple trees that cover the driveway possible particles from the tree? Touching my car its not smooth its rough. My car has been parked outside under that tree more than normal as everything has been shutdown and the sun has been extremely hot too. I hope its not beyond repair at this point.

2013 black ATS turbo

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can wash the vehicle with a quality car wash soap. While the surface is still sudsy, slide a clay bar back and forth until the surface is smooth as a baby's bottom. Be sure to keep the surface lubricated well while using the clay bar.

Clay bars can be purchased online or at most auto parts stores, Walmart, Target, etc. They're fairly inexpensive. Follow the directions on the packaging. Some will say to use "such-n-such" as a lubricant, but as long as you use something slick, like water with car wasn soap, you will be fine.

After washing, claying and drying the vehicle, give it a wax job with a quality wax. Prior to waxing, you may even want to polish the vehicle as well.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
700 Posts
If I was in Your shoes, I would buy a can of this Meguiars Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover. Working in the Shade, 1st rinse the car off, then spray the bug & tar remover and then wash the panel. Hopefully that will be enough to make the difference.

If not, you may have to follow it up with a claybar as suggested. Make sure to follow the easy directions and use plenty of lube. Good luck.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,490 Posts
As long as it's sweat droppings from the tree, it can be washed off. This is a reason why
a good polish/wax job is important, so dirt come off better.

Just hope that it's not from someone spray painting.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,546 Posts
First step is a good hand wash with a car wash solution not dish soap to see if that works, if not I agree with the clay bar and wax (wax because clay bar will remove it)

·
Registered
2013 ats
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
You can wash the vehicle with a quality car wash soap. While the surface is still sudsy, slide a clay bar back and forth until the surface is smooth as a baby's bottom. Be sure to keep the surface lubricated well while using the clay bar.

Clay bars can be purchased online or at most auto parts stores, Walmart, Target, etc. They're fairly inexpensive. Follow the directions on the packaging. Some will say to use "such-n-such" as a lubricant, but as long as you use something slick, like water with car wasn soap, you will be fine.

After washing, claying and drying the vehicle, give it a wax job with a quality wax. Prior to waxing, you may even want to polish the vehicle as well.

Thank you so much, I will give it a try.

As long as it's sweat droppings from the tree, it can be washed off. This is a reason why
a good polish/wax job is important, so dirt come off better.

Just hope that it's not from someone spray painting.
Thanks no spray paint, I really think its from that stupid tree.

If I was in Your shoes, I would buy a can of this Meguiars Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover. Working in the Shade, 1st rinse the car off, then spray the bug & tar remover and then wash the panel. Hopefully that will be enough to make the difference.

If not, you may have to follow it up with a claybar as suggested. Make sure to follow the easy directions and use plenty of lube. Good luck.

Thanks I will have to get some of this, I actually have their clay bar I totally forgot about it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,311 Posts
Plenty of maple sap here, too. A good wash job is in order.

5 gallon drywall mud buckets can be found at a home construction site - free. The residue in the bucket washes out easily.

I'll spend your money - get into www.autogeek.net for cleaning supplies (after a standard car wash job) and also check into a GritGuard https://www.gritguard.com/ - fits those mud buckets.

Let's all hope the stuff on the car is tiny bumps, NOT pitted paint.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
949 Posts

Thanks for the tip. It's always good to hear from a pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts