Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen circumferential tread groove cracking on the P Zero run-flats? My '14 Vsport (bought a month ago at 7400 miles) was a "service loaner" and I strongly suspect the car was driven in below freezing temps this past winter. I realize this is not the same type of cracking that's pictured in the service bulletin (#13-03-10-001A), but can't help but think it might be related. Just looking for input before I contact the dealer... I obviously want to take care of this before 12000 miles rolls up and the 100% tire replacement pro-rate changes to a lower percentage.

For some reason, I couldn't attach photos when I posted this... they are now up, in post #2. The cracks are in the bottom corners of the 3 circumferential tread grooves and range from less than an inch to several inches long.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Before you spend lot of effort, you may want to go ahead and check with dealer if they/Cadillac would replace the tires.

P Zeros on VSport are summer tires, and does not come with any mileage/uniformity warranty at all.

Has anyone seen circumferential tread groove cracking on the P Zero run-flats? My '14 Vsport (bought a month ago at 7400 miles) was a "service loaner" and I strongly suspect the car was driven in below freezing temps this past winter. I realize this is not the same type of cracking that's pictured in the service bulletin (#13-03-10-001A), but can't help but think it might be related. Just looking for input before I contact the dealer... I obviously want to take care of this before 12000 miles rolls up and the 100% tire replacement pro-rate changes to a lower percentage.

For some reason, I couldn't attach photos when I posted this... they are now up, in post #2. The cracks are in the bottom corners of the 3 circumferential tread grooves and range from less than an inch to several inches long.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P Zeros on VSport are summer tires, and does not come with any mileage/uniformity warranty at all.
Where are you seeing this "summer tire" exclusion? I find no such disclaimer in my warranty booklet... only the statement that normal tire wear or wear-out is not covered.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It occurs to me that you're talking about the Pirelli warranty, which does state that P Zero summer tires are not warranted for mileage. But I'm referring to the GM tire warranty that is part of the 50000 mile/4 year bumper-to-bumper coverage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts