Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Great Forum and has been very helpfull during my first install of my 2003 Escalade. I am having a problem installing the pioneer z110bt head unit using the metra GMOS-04 Adapter. The rear speakers are not working. I have tried all possible combinations of the rca cables possible. Sometimes they will come on if I put the radio up real loud and then the fronts will go out. the fronts sound great. I have also tried adjusting the output of the GMOS unit with no luck, any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Dave

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
169 Posts
Dave - did you swap the front with rear rca's and the problem stayed in the rear speakers? I have an 04 with the gmos-04. I actually pulled the adjustment Potentiometer and bought a 10k unit from Radio shack. I soldered it to the unit with 2 foot of wire (three wires). I then installed it in the little "cup" area by the light switches. I found that at times I wanted to crank up the radio I could. Without this set up the engine whine was unbearable. When I want it at a lower lever I can adjust it down. This also lets me adjust the bluetooth level for the phone. I have an AVIC unit.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
Dave - the GMOS-04 is known to be crappy. (I can say this, as I have one myself) It sounds like yours might need to be replaced. If you're sure all wires are connected properly, then I'd say return it. I'm actually (eventually) going to rewire mine so that I don't need that adapter, and bypass the factory amp.

·
Registered
2003 escalade ext
1 Posts
i just installed a jvc kw-nx7000 into my 03 ext yesterday with the gmos-04 i was having the same problems with my front speakers going in and out i thought my box was bad all i tried a couple different things like taping the rcas up with electric tape playing cds and ipod but it keep doing it but i fixed it by turning up the gmos-04 box up and turning my radio down at first i had it so my radio would get loud at 40 of 50 so when i turned the box up so it gets loud at 25 and that fixed it hope this works let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts