Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preface.

When I got my car, the facotry Bose CD player did not work...only the cassette/radio worked. After a year of fiddling around with a compact cd-player, I decided to look into getting my dash fixed. Cadillac told me that a fix would cost $225 and would take weeks. So I investigated other options.

Circuit City.

November 1999, Circuit City was my first stop. I picked up a mid-model Pioneer CD-player and scheduled the install. From what I heard, CC was a reputable place for quality installations. WRONG. They said I needed a part that wasn't in, so I waited one week for them to call me about it. After an impatient 7 days, I called and they said, "oh ya come on in, we have your part." Now I'm excited, so I roll out to CC and what do I find? No part and a list of excuses. :banghead: I took my unit to the customer service desk, got a full refund, and went directly to Best Buy.

Best Buy.

I bought the same exact CD player and set up my install for the next day. Unfortunately, extra parts were like $200. Nonetheless, BB's best car guy spent a whopping 4 hours working on my car...I took 3 separate trips back thinking it was only gonna take an hour. I guess they had to call Bose to find out the wiring; BB wasn't gonna let the shitty Bose receiver(which by the way was located in the trunk ) get the best of them. By closing time, my car was done, and it sounded better than anything. ...still works to this day knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
any Chiltons manual has wiring diagrams including stereo and speakers

·
Registered
13 Posts
first off... never take a car to CC or BB... lol

also, i hope they didnt use that bose adapter thing... bad news. even if they just wired the speakers straight into the head unit... a 1 ohm load on that thing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Chuck C