Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 eldorado, 2009 STS, 2004 XLR
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the member's name from Pa., the car audio guru. Need your help. I have a pioneer deh-4100ub, and want to put it in my 96 Eldo (non-Bose). I know they make adapters for direct plug in harnesses, for the chime adapter, and for the steering wheel controls. Question is, do they make them for my car, and if so where do I get them. If I have to settle for just the receiver/cd so be it, but it would be nice to have the gingerbread along with the receiver. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 SLS 97 Deville(Previous)
290 Posts
I can't remember the member's name from Pa., the car audio guru. Need your help. I have a pioneer deh-4100ub, and want to put it in my 96 Eldo (non-Bose). I know they make adapters for direct plug in harnesses, for the chime adapter, and for the steering wheel controls. Question is, do they make them for my car, and if so where do I get them. If I have to settle for just the receiver/cd so be it, but it would be nice to have the gingerbread along with the receiver. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Do not get any direct plug in adapters, THEY DONT WORK! The stock headunit needs to be relocated in the car with power, ground, and databus wires running to it, along with a speaker if you want to keep chimes. Those adapters do not have any databus intergration so if you use those the car is going to know the headunit is missing and do alot of wierd electrical mumbojumbo. I have been through this before with my deville, so pm me if you have any questions. The cars are different, the wireing will be a little different, but the theory will be the same.

·
Registered
1996 eldorado, 2009 STS, 2004 XLR
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I relocate the stock HU, which wires do I leave connected, everything except the speakers, the antenna trigger, the display dimmer. Also, to retain the chimes, just connect a speaker to any of the leads on the stock HU? The steering wheel controls apparrently won't work now, I can live with that. I'm not sure which wires are the databus leads. Appreciate the input. I've changed quite a few stereos before but none in a Caddy.

·
Registered
2002 SLS 97 Deville(Previous)
290 Posts
The databus wires on my deville were upper and lower pin6 on the harness, they were purple in color. I would try to find some diagrams, or someone who knows forsure about the eldo. For the chimes the speaker is the front left, that will probably be the same. The wires that remain in the stock headunit after relocation will the 2 data bus wires, ground, +12v power, front left +, front left -. I would check down in the Audio video forum to get the exact info for your car. I have only done devilles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.