Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum and looking for opinions and advice. I have a white diamond cts coupe performance and debating a hand painted pinstripe. I was thinking 2 lines black on top with a gold underneath. Should I run it from headlight to tail light? Any advice or ideas will be greatfully appriciated. The color is white diamond with cashmire guts and black dash...Windows are also tinted fairly dark.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
When my coupe arrived it had gold pinstriping with a little Cadillac emblem just aft of the windows.
I had the dealership remove it. Looks much cleaner IMO.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Don't do pinstriping as many folks don't like them and that will hurt your resale. If you absolutely need it, do a vinyl instead of paint so it can be removed later.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Premium Coupe AWD White Diamond
29 Posts
Check out the photo of mine, same color as yours, with tinted windows too under the topic "What do you love about your CTS." Stripes were on it when I bought it, but doesn't look bad at all, in my opinion. Two tone gold, darker shade and then similar to the cashmere interior.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,248 Posts
On my wagon the stripes run from the back/bottom of the fender vent aft to the taillight.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
If you like strips go for it. I've given it a thought myself...........

The idea with these cars is to enjoy them. If pinstrips will up your enjoyment, then do it. Yours is the only opinion that counts.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
This isn't a Ford or Dodge.
No, it's basically an upscale Chevrolet.

C'mon, don't take this s&*t too seriously. It's just a car. A very nice car, but still a car. I don't think a tasteful pin stripe will bring the Aesthetics Police banging on his door. Now wheen he starts adding chrome mirror covers, door handles, and 22" Dubs, it might be time for an intervention......

Shakey

·
Registered
2008 CTS
15 Posts
My sedan came with two hand pinstripes.

I came out of the grocery store, and a body shop owner was admiring them, told me he doesn't see quality work like that much anymore, came with my used car.

I think it breaks up the monotony on the sides of the car. I will not be removing them. They look good to me. If you notice my pic in what do you like about your CTS, they are not loud, but muted.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,248 Posts
Please, no pinstripe.
My gray wagon came with stripes. Thin, dual stripes from behind and at the bottom of the side fender vent back to the taillights. It looks good, actually. Would I have put them on? No. But it is certainly fine with me, and I am a no frills guy - debadge things, low key type of guy. That had no influence one way or another on my purchase, I just wanted a wagon that could perform, and it fit the bill for a while. That performance aspect led me to the V wagon...

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,771 Posts
Wow, I hope you guys don't tell an artist how to paint. If that's your style...that's YOUR style.

Reactions: MotownPimp

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,771 Posts
Only if the artist asks for opinions/advice like the OP did.
You're right, maybe I should redirect my comment to the OP. Pt. well taken.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
15 Posts
Perhaps you could photoshop the lines on a photo of the car, and judge for yourself also, comes to mind.

Heres a few shot on the pins on my CTS, came with the used car as is.

Either you will like or not, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As far as affecting my purchase I think the idea it lowered the price on my car preposterous.

DSCF3095 (1024x576).jpg

DSCF3096 (1024x576).jpg

DSCF3097 (1024x576).jpg

pics from camera, not smartpotato phone camera.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
I'll chime in that pinstriping can be minimalist & classy. It's on my to do list, albeit still with a question mark. Yours looks good in the front, I might swing it up around the rear doors. The CTS has acres of sheet metal and a lot of neat curves/angles to play off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts