Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pins for headlight cover?/Headlight Bulb Replacement Question

I just got some PIAA bulbs for my car and in the process the only remaining pin that was holding that black shield in place got thrown into the engine bay some where :( . Can I pick up new ones at Kragen or some other auto parts store?

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
^
I am not sure where you can buy those pins, but what I can say is make sure that the missing one is not trapped somewhere between belts or pulleys... Once a piece of wood was trapped in my water pump belt and it shredded the belt... It could be worse than it even...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
A Fastenal store or the Help! racks at a parts store.

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Also, most Lowe's stores have a drawer or 2 of automovive fasteners in their hardware section. You should find the pins you need there as well. (I did.)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys! I remember always seeing you post about the Help! rack sub so I thought that's where they would be, gonna stop by Kragens before work and see about getting some.

Anybody have any tips on how to easily get them out next time?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,748 Posts
Use a thin screwdriver or knife blade to lift out the center pin. The "rivet" collapses and out it comes. Insert the rivet and shove the center pin back in.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you! Didn't have time to stop and get them so tomorrow before work I will get it done.

Just changed my headlight bulbs right now, a bit of a pain in the ass but regardless I'm happier. Just need to get the 3M restoration kit so I can get the full effect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts