Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sts
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 STS and i am always looking for items on the market to personalize my vehicle without making it look cheap. I have seen ads for a pillar and rocker panel cover that come in chrome and an option to get them in stainless steel. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these items for themselves or seen them on someone else's and how they look. I would hate buy them and think they look terrible. I also read that the installation uses a 3M adhesive. I am not too sure about puttong that on my car and kick myself if there are problems if i want to remove!

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
I have seen the pillar covers for the 2005 but not the rocker covers.
The adhesive provided with the covers is adequate. Preparation is the primary key before any job though.

You can hold the panels up to the surface for a good idea or use masking tape to place them while you step back to get a better perspective. If you decide you don't like them you can always sell them on eBay to someone else as long as the adhesive is virgin. The best approach is to buy them locally with the understanding that you may wish to return them (with virgin adhesive) like new.

Just my 2¢
I really don't care for either of them (for my platinum car) but think they may look better on a black STS.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The appliques of which you are talking about are the Vogues right? I have seen them in person along with the stainless roof piece. I can not say it looks horrible, but its not something for me.

Does not cheapen the car at all, just pulls attentions away from the body lines cause it pulls your eyes to the windows...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts