1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the third one on my mine, it came out nice. I get compliments on it all the time. If you do choose to do that one just be careful because it's four pieces and you have to make sure the bottom pieces lines up perfectly. Once you take off the backing and expose the tape it's only a one shot deal because the stuff sticks really good

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Woah these trucks have way too much chrome as it is, and you want more? Stick on at that? Stop by the bling isle at pep boys.

Better option is to just do the Platinum conversion. These are $70-80k trucks, not a $20k civic - do it right, and do it justice.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
My personal opinion, if you must have more chrome, go for a brush gaurd and/or step bars. Random stick on chrome parts look like obvious afterthoughts and tacky. Brush guards/step bars are at least "real" truck accessories.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah that's fine and dandy like I said before to each his own he could dip the entire truck In chrome if he wanted too Its his choice it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it as long as he likes it. There's a lot of things that people do to their trucks that I don't like I just don't say anything because that's their taste not mine. Nobody else is paying his car note.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thansk everyone for their opinion! personal opinions are what I need:)
thanks cbuzz also for the insight:) u know whats up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fadi said:
lol, dsminva believes everyone on earth should be exactly like him. Just look at his post history...
yeah it's funny. Nothing against dsminva he totally has a right to his own opinion. I guess I'm not good when it comes to being in a forum because I don't speak out against stuff I don't like in some of these threads. I just believe that we all as individuals should be able to do whatever we want with our vehicles without being chastised for it.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
lol, dsminva believes everyone on earth should be exactly like him. Just look at his post history...
How can you possibly say that Fadi? I have never once said anyone should be like me. In fact I don't want anyone else like me, I prefer to be unique. I will however put out information that I know to help others, that I have learned from the school of hard knocks. So yes, I encourage anyone to look at my posts, there is a lot to learn there.

I don't like chrome. That's my opinion. I've also built some award winning vehicles, all based on a 'less is more' "clean" look. I personally laugh every time I see cars riding around with stick on accessories. Especially the "port holes" on the fenders. That's a Buick thing that had to do with the induction path and differentiated between 6cyl and 8cyl. I've seen as many as 6 on each side of a 4cyl honda. If you are going to be a poser on something, at least do your homework and know what it stands for first. Same thought applies to other stick on chrome accessories. You, and anyone else is free to do what you want, but don't get mad when someone else comments.

I bought my truck for it's performance aspect. The 6.2L is a highly sought after engine amongst many different GM platforms and has great potential. It actually saddens me that there are so few people here that know how to turn a wrench let alone increase performance. I spend ALOT of time online doing research before I buy a new part, so when someone posts up something, I am able to offer an educated answer and save them the time of either doing their own research, or buying an inferior part.

If you have anymore beef with me take it to a PM. Open forum is not the place to air your dirty laundry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts