Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Wow, impressive car and beautiful photography! I love the color. All you need is a set of correct 1.3 inch whitewalls and it's a rolling dream.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow, I love that color...it's like Coffee! Does anyone know what Cadillac called that color in '78?

·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts
Love it. Those photos look like they could be print ads for the car. Isn't the color "brown frost metallic?" Yet I may be wrong on that one.

·
Registered
1978 Coupe Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the color is called Astec Gold Firemist Poly. Wasn't too sold on the color at first, but warming up to it.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Looking at that color a second time, it's like a mix of the light beige on my car, and the brown color on Ben's Phaeton.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
We call that 'Western Saddle Firemist'. And it's really more of a copper now. :)

·
Registered
1978 Coupe Deville
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On second check, it may be Western Saddle Firemist Poly, the only thing that is not good on the car anymore is the label with the paint codes. I checked some color samples and it is may be "faded" Western Saddle.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
On second check, it may be Western Saddle Firemist Poly, the only thing that is not good on the car anymore is the label with the paint codes. I checked some color samples and it is may be "faded" Western Saddle.
Not a chance, WSF is much more copper, and if it had faded that much, it would be duller than an army jeep. Plus the door jambs would still be copper.

Here's a picture of Western Saddle Firemist in all it's beauty.

·
Registered
None yet
431 Posts
love the semi hatchback look of the 78-79 my grandfather had a white 79 then my father grabbed a 81 coupe that he pased on to me when i was 18 but i do prefer the 80 rear window but that car is really nice......

·
Registered
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville Le Cabriolet
335 Posts
wow im impressed by how well you've maintained your car. i have the same car in a dark blue and its having lots of problems. your car looks like a brand new version of mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts