Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post pictures of the way their trunk trim is finished in a sedan deville (75/76) and also the way the filler plastic pieces are around the tail lights, registration plate and fender ends. Especially how the chrome edging is attached/joined.

In terms of the trunk trim, primarily looking to see what is under the black felt top cover on the trunk floor.

Many thanks if anyone could do this.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Sorry I don't have pics, John, but I can tell you the rear polyurethane body color filler panels are attached to the car by chrome plated trim screws and, in the case of the curved side pieces on the vertical bumper ends, by threaded studs attached to the trim by a contoured metal frame that pass through the body into the trunk and are secured by bolts. All these pieces are available as reproductions, either in fiberglass, polyurethane, or PVC plastic.

As to the plastichrome trim, the original material is a metallic foil-like material under a hard clear plastic cover. It's not reproduced. Some owners choose to omit it when restoring the car, while others opt to use alternate material that provides a reasonable facsimile of the original appearance.

The trunk floor is covered with a thick jute padding, overlayed with an sort of water repellant pad, and finally the carpet.

If you haven't already, get yourself a copy of the factory service manual and the Fisher body manual for your car. The'll show you how the rear end filler trim all goes together and get secured.

·
Registered
1975 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I have a copy of the manual, will study it more closely.

·
Registered
Currently: '76 Coupe. '73 Fleetwood (SOLD) 76 Coupe (SOLD)
161 Posts
I also own a 76 Coupe. The rear fillers were redone by the previous owner, and the chrome plastic trim was replaced with door edging. It looked HORRIBLE and kept me up nights thinking about how bad it was. So after careful searching for plastic channel molding I found at a place in Bogota NJ, I redid mine - allowing extra patience to miter the corners. Sorry the picture is sideways.

Attachments

·
Registered
Currently: '76 Coupe. '73 Fleetwood (SOLD) 76 Coupe (SOLD)
161 Posts
Thank you. Dunbarton Green. Color 32. Don't see to many 76 Cadillacs in that color! My kids tell me not only is the car a "throw back" - its color is as well! There was one on EBay a few months back - a Fleetwood, I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts