Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working every hour of the day until a buddy's bachelor party and then cramming more work in afterwards. I'll do a write up of the experience along with posting video from the in car cam (once I get it from tapes to digital format) and more pics. Probably in a week or more though. Work is not slowing down a bit and will probably have a week long hangover from bach party.

Until then, here are a few teaser pics.

Good to meet other V owners (V-sam, John (v-sam's son), and John's friends). Had a great time!

T

Attachments

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be interested to hear how the FK452s worked out for ya.

They did pretty good. They squealed like hell, but held on real well. Looks like a barely lost any tread! I was more impressed with the Toyo 888s (R compound) that was on V-sam's car. Though they were probably more impressed that I was keeping up with them on street tires :)

Next time....Falken Rt-615s definitely. Not going R yet.

T

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Working every hour of the day until a buddy's bachelor party and then cramming more work in afterwards. I'll do a write up of the experience along with posting video from the in car cam (once I get it from tapes to digital format) and more pics. Probably in a week or more though. Work is not slowing down a bit and will probably have a week long hangover from bach party.

Until then, here are a few teaser pics.

Good to meet other V owners (V-sam, John (v-sam's son), and John's friends). Had a great time!

T
Caption for the last pic (214):

"I used 2 gallons of gas that last lap."
Glad you had fun.

My buddy Ron was there, and was playing lead follow with one of you guys in his white e36 M3. It was Light Plat and in the intermediate/advanced group, so I assume it was v-sam.

-Chris

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Betthat was fun! I like #02460. Looks like you could use some camber. Are you running stock alignment? How was the oversteer?

Waiting patiently for vids
Cali

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
247 Posts
I am a big fan of pic. 1690. Tim did a great job driving up there for his 1st a lot better than I was my first time at VIR. I was playing with the E36 we had a blast he can really drive. It was my previous car so it made it even better. We all need to get in and do a school together I am talking like 6-10 Vs it would be nasty.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,114 Posts
They did pretty good. They squealed like hell, but held on real well. Looks like a barely lost any tread!
What sort of pressures were you running for the FK452s? I have a set sitting in my garage, just waiting on some GM accessory wheels to mount them on.

And where are the videos??? :)

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am a big fan of pic. 1690. Tim did a great job driving up there for his 1st a lot better than I was my first time at VIR. I was playing with the E36 we had a blast he can really drive. It was my previous car so it made it even better. We all need to get in and do a school together I am talking like 6-10 Vs it would be nasty.

Thanks for the compliments...much appreciated.

...but your ride was making me want R compound tires :) Having fun at Auburn yet?:bouncy:

T

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What sort of pressures were you running for the FK452s? I have a set sitting in my garage, just waiting on some GM accessory wheels to mount them on.

And where are the videos??? :)

Was running 33 psi up front and 31 psi in back (per recommendation of guys at the track). Every time I pulled back into the hot pits....temps on each tire were different. I think Trukk (Chris) runs VIR with different temps in each tire....I'm too lazy for that. Hell, I still haven't taken my HP+s off the front to replace with HPS's I have in the box.

2nd topic.... Videos. I finally bought a firewire card for my PC to take the video from tape to digital. Now I have a couple video files that about 800 Meg?!? How the hell do I cut those up and where should I post em? Streetfire, YouTube, XXXvideos?

T

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
p.s. John was fast at VIR. Took a ride with Dalton (friend of his driving white group, experienced) in the silver V and his ass was knocking on corvette doors. :) Showed me what I could do in my car....so much fun.

T

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Betthat was fun! I like #02460. Looks like you could use some camber. Are you running stock alignment? How was the oversteer?

Waiting patiently for vids
Cali
Yeah, stock alignment (as you could tell by the pics). Too lazy to get that adjusted...plus this was the first time out. At this point, I'm just a weekend warrior. Oversteer was very managable...didn't have a problem with it. Well, except for once coming around Oak Tree...I saw that straight away and trounced on it.....heeelllooo traction control.

T

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
When you get a chance try the settings in the FAQ. I haven't encountered any wear issues, but do rotate every 5K miles. Initially the car will feel slightly darty, but the reward is terrific turn-in.

Of cars with traction control I've tested, I think we have the best, least intrusive system. Were you in competition mode?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts