Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Before going in for rear brake line replacement and up on the hoist while the mechanic forms the new lines. He said he had bought a particular machine some time ago for brake lines and never had to use it until this job! Next I'll have my dual outlet Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow catalytic converter installed with pipes on each side of the rear, along with the rear bumper's impact strip replaced and the hood painted.

wi3jiv.jpg

2qmivy0.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wiki isn't always correct. The '06+ cars are not Devilles, I assure you. If you dig deep enough here, you can find the GM press releases that include the meanings of the acronyms of different models. Cadillac has a history of confusing model names.

For example, Fleetwood used to be a coach builder of Cadillac bodies ("Body by Fleetwood"), then became a RWD model. Then, in '85, it became a FWD car (and the RWD Fleetwood became the Brougham, which used to be a model, then trim level, and was also a concept car). But then, in '93, the last gen RWD Fleetwood was introduced (and it's higher trim level was Brougham)... However, the FWD Fleetwood was still in production for '93, so they renamed it the Sixty Special..... Which, prior to '93, was the higher trim level Fleetwood....sooooo, the higher trim level '93 Sixty Special was renamed the Ultra..........

Confused yet? :yup:
Very Confused

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on 100.1k! I'm trying to keep miles off of mine, but it is hard when it is so enjoyable to drive. I just figure a car is meant to be driven and keeping them running is good for them.

The 93 gave me a scare this morning on my way to work with a stupid dummy light. I saw the orange glow on the info center and thought oh crap, so it begins. I was afraid to look at it, but eventually I found the courage to read what it had to say...

View attachment 346154

Whew!! That was a close one.
Could Have been worse!!!! LMFAO!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is my newly acquired 1997 DeVille base model. Aside from the clearcoat peeling on the trunk & some general parking lot dings/scuffing, I'd say she looks ok for a 20 year old broad. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Grandma's got a 96 Concour DeVille in the same color, that's her beater, it pretty rotted from the Wisconsin salt. But her toy is a 92 Eldorado which I loved driving.

2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
575 Participants
EscaladeOnSixes