Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
oh yeah, now that's a prime example of a very sweet looking Eldo. Keep up the good world.

·
Registered
878 Posts
BEAU-TEE-FUL, Just beautiful! The Vogues work for you, unlike some other color vehicles. And the wheels are perfect: just enough spoke to be dramatic, but enough hub that your rotors aren't left naked.

Someone on this or *************** remarked that wheels that expose your rotors are like jeans that expose your butt crack. Just not pretty.:helpless:

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
687 Posts
What if you have cool looking rotors? Very nice eldo gmendoza. My grandma has a 97 STS that same color and always said how she loved it.

MacK

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the nice words. I also love the red. I took me months of searching to find the right red one. The only appearance mod I've done was remove the front licence plate. The wheels, tires and pin stripes were done by the dealer.

·
Registered
878 Posts
MacKiNBacK said:
What if you have cool looking rotors?
Nothing personal Mac, cool looking rotors have a well deserved place in auto magazines. On the road, I don't find them cool on our cars. It's just a personal piccadillo that I realize isn't shared by a lot of other folk. I urge you to enjoy them, but I won't be at your side on this one.

Some months back I saw a ricer with 5 spoke wheels clearly intended to show off its 8" rotors mounted by miniature fire-engine-red calipers (autographed by someone, no doubt). It looked like a 4 wheeled bicycle as I could see through the wheels when he was moving. Knowing full well that he had no go-power, I thought it hilarious he spent signifigant monies advertising his similar lack of wanna-don't-go power. :)

It's a Cadillac and it should look like one (humble opinion).

It's enough that it's plush, good looking and turns heads when it roars and goes like stink. (I kinda like that surprise.) :)

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ElDawgg 2G said:
Hello...

That's a nice Eldorado.
Here's mine (...:eek: or what's left of it!)

These cars can save your life!
I remember those pics. I'm sorry about your loss but I'm glad you're okay. I will say that it did give me some peice of mind when I read your story.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Nice, reminds me of my car. Except I have those "asscrack exposing" rims where you can see the (stock) brakes. I figure my style rims tend to be lighter and allow more cool air to reach the rotors.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello...Yea, they're great cars.

Here's what I bought after the Eldorado's demise:
(low-res fotos from autotrader ad for 2000 STS).
I can post recent pics of the STS in a new thread...
when it comes out of the body shop.

The STS is turning out to be a decent $10,000 car...

Having driven both vehicles, I much prefer the Seville over the Eldorado.
However, I don't know which is greater:
-the length and weight of the Eldo's doors?
-or the size of the blind spots?
lol

Has anyone who is reading this post driven both the ETC and STS?
What differences have you noticed?

IMO these 2 cars behave quite differently:
I guess to sum it up in "old school" terms:
-the ETC drives like a coupe;
-and the STS drives like a sedan.

I am currently driving a 2006 DTS while the STS is in the body shop.
WOW...IT'S A FANTASTIC CAR!!! (for a base model)
I would consider picking up a lease return on a loaded '06 DTS with luxury package upgrade...
-but I gotta wait till 2009 for that!

hint: everyone should test drive this car

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The blind spots on the Eldo aren't that bad. You just have to actually move your head and look there before you change lanes. The doors I could see being a problem. If you're 90 and your back goes out when you pick up a pencil.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Great looking car...Man, I love the looke of Vogues on a caddy...those wheels are the same ones that were on my 94 STS, the only ones that i had ever seen like them up until now. I like that Eldo a lot...take good care of 'er!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Or, use the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button to post the photo here with the link hidden. Anyone can right click on the photo
and see the link by left clicking "Properties."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
davesdeville