Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the link to the pics and information on the kit I had installed one of the cleanest installs, and was very happy with the results. Pics further down

Jet

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep it was very clean you can't see anything on the car at all. I was very pleased with everything.

Now all I have to do is get a bottle opener that fits that bottle and I also want to get this hooked up to the traction controll so when I arm it that it turns it off.

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I will try, I will see if I can get the pics posted here. I thought that it might be a problem, wasn't sure. Give me a second

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Wow, nice. Better than +110 RWHP dry. Keep us apprised with respect to continued performance, problems, etc.

Hmmm... dry through a Maggie. Maybe after the warranty runs out...

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Did the installers do any kind of PCM reprogramming? Anything to get more fuel in the mix when the window switch clicks?

·
Registered
04 cts-v
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car was dynoed for the bottle, as for on motor the only thing done there was torque managment and cags delete. Katech is correct in what he said

J

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Katech said:
Dry kits use a solenoid to modify the vacuum signal to the FPR and bump up the static fuel pressure. No PCM reprogramming is necessary.
Ah. I'm a total nitrous newbie; I thought maybe putting nitrous through the MAF sensor was expected to force a greater flow of fuel.

Any sense of how well a dry kit would work on a V with a Magnacharger? I'd expect some gains due to the cooling of the intake charge, but I have no idea whether the system is capable of pumping enough additional fuel. We have bigger injectors, but there's already a booster pump required in the Maggie kit just to be able to supply enough fuel for the 6 - 7 PSI charge.

·
Registered
327 Posts
lawfive said:
Ah. I'm a total nitrous newbie; I thought maybe putting nitrous through the MAF sensor was expected to force a greater flow of fuel.

Any sense of how well a dry kit would work on a V with a Magnacharger? I'd expect some gains due to the cooling of the intake charge, but I have no idea whether the system is capable of pumping enough additional fuel. We have bigger injectors, but there's already a booster pump required in the Maggie kit just to be able to supply enough fuel for the 6 - 7 PSI charge.
I have nitrous on my twin turbo car. The intercooling effect really boosts the additional horsepower from the nitrous. It also reduces risk of detonation with that intercooling effect. If you have bigger injectors and a booster pump I would think that would be enough. I have AEM wideband to make sure that the AFR is always safe.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Katech said:
I have nitrous on my twin turbo car. The intercooling effect really boosts the additional horsepower from the nitrous. It also reduces risk of detonation with that intercooling effect. If you have bigger injectors and a booster pump I would think that would be enough. I have AEM wideband to make sure that the AFR is always safe.
Allrighty then. I have 27K miles of warranty left to think about it and get more knowledgeable. And to wait for a less catastrophic differential to be developed.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
lawfive said:

My understanding (which is very limited mind you) is that NOS on a blown car is a very nice setup, alluding such descriptive terms as (cough, cough) synergistic even.

Bang for the buck, it's hard to argue against NOS. I just loathe the idea, however, of how fast one (especially me) could run through an entire bottle. :D

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I would think that if you wanted to go faster with a blown car, just increase the boost (to the extent you can of course (i.e. you saturate the supercharger)).

In my mind, cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure, regardless of whether it's coming from more boost vs. NOS. In other words, if the motor/drive train can't handle, say, 600rwhp with a blower, as the boost is too high, it probably won't handle 600 rwhp via a blower and NOS. As a matter of fact, I would imagine that NOS might be, in some ways, much harder on the car than a blower would be.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts