Cadillac Owners Forum banner

pics of my new ride!

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  wangstarr03 
#1 ·
Hey all, so most of you read my intro post that I picked up my '07 white/black about 2 weeks ago. I promised to post some pics, so here they are (the weather finally decided to cooperate a little).

Thus far, the mods I've already done (not many) are: front window tint (13%), new key/key fob (we now have 3 sets of fully functioning remotes/keys).

In the coming weeks/months, I plan on adding: bluetooth VCIM, iPod integration (most likely the iSimple gateway), factory center console for the 2nd row captains chairs (along with a cupholder iPad mount), and the factory all-weather mats. I plan on keeping my truck as factory as possible whilst adding the options I desire. With that being said, here's a link to the pics (sorry, they're too large to host on the forum)...enjoy!

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/wangstarr03/library/

#3 ·
xlraw, the front center console was already installed prior to me purchasing the vehicle. I would not be surprised if it was previously owned by a forum member as I've seen the topic discussed heavily on here. I'm actually very happy with the fact that it came like this so I wouldn't have had to spend the time/money myself to do it. They key fob and key were purchased on eBay. I simply re-programmed both of them...the process was very easy.

#9 ·
Welcome. I purchased an 07' as well because I couldn't pass up the price compared to other years. I did the same mods, iSimple gateway installed, since I have an iphone 5 I use the rca jack included with the kit to plug into the audio port. Also upgraded to the newer keyfob and found that the distance that you can lock and unlock your vehicle was tripled after upgrading to the new keyfob.

#10 ·
blackex, I felt the same way when purchasing my '07. I haven't experienced the distance with the new keyfob (car is parked right in front of the house) but am very glad to hear that the iSimple is well received by others. I have an iPod classic that I plan to keep connected in the glovebox but love the option of the AUX cable for other peripherals, etc. I saw a video of the iSimple operating in an Escalade on YouTube and it looked pretty impressive.

#15 ·
tx22, that's exactly what I did. My truck originally came with the generic GM style fob and I simply purchased an 08+ model on eBay and reprogrammed it. You do have to reprogram all keyfobs at the same time though in order for all of them to work. I now have 3 fobs, the newer one, and the 2 generic looking ones that came with my truck and all functions work (lock/unlock, power liftgate/glass, remote start, etc). Hope this helps.

#18 ·
You can program the newer remote yourself through the DIC. Takes about 30 seconds. Gives you the instructions as you do it. Think its under "Relearn Remote Key". The 08+ remotes look way better than the generic Cavalier GM ones on the older models. They are numbered 1 and 2 on the top, not sure if you need both for the mem seats, etc, or if you can have two number 1's, or two number 2's. Probably don't and it'll go by the order in which you program them.
And you can use the fobs with the liftgate on them for the EXT, the buttons just don't do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.