Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I don't know how much impression does an Escalade in America but it sure as hell steals the show in a European country like Greece where people are used to smaller vehicles.

I have my Escalade for 2 weeks now and it's a fantastic feeling every time I drive it. You see people turn their necks every time you pass through, others wonder what make and model is it, it's just wonderful! My Cadillac dealer told me that so far only 12 Escalades have been sold in Greece so it makes it very very rare. We are full of Range Rovers, Jeep Grand Cherokees and (ugly) Cayennes and every time an SUV driver sees the Escalade tries speed up so he can steal the show but they fail miserably! :cowboy:

Escalade = + Road King +

Here are and some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Nice Truck and nice pics, you need to change your wheels with bigger chrome ones, like 24s" and you will get the most attention than you can ever handle.
And if I were you I would change the Brake lights and get the US version.
So enjoy your new toy and welcome to the forum.
Also judging from the pictures with you , either you lowered your truck or you are really really tall my freind.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Truck and nice pics, you need to change your wheels with bigger chrome ones, like 24s" and you will get the most attention than you can ever handle.
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking about bigger wheels but Cadillac here doesn't bring any bigger ones so I guess I would have to order them from somewhere in the US. Although I've heard that 24s" are not really good for off-road use, is this true?

And if I were you I would change the Brake lights and get the US version.
What's the difference between the US and European versions?

So enjoy your new toy and welcome to the forum.
Also judging from the pictures with you , either you lowered your truck or you are really really tall my freind.
Thank you!! And no I haven't lowered the truck, I'm 6'5 in height.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mcdonalds in greece :lol:
theres just something wrong with that
Hey why not? What's wrong with McDonalds? I like junk food. :lol: We used to have Wendy's too but they all shutted down years ago. Unfortunately we don't have BurgerKing which I have eaten in USA, England and Germany and it's my favorite!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
if you drive off road then 24s are out of the question, you'll break them in the first attempt, so stick with stock , but if not then 24s+ are a must if you want to complete the look of your truck.
As for the difference of the Euro and US version, the brake lights are different in color . as you see in the picture attached , but it is up to you there are different tastes, but if you change them then you will be more different than the other 12 Trucks over there .

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Hi man. I also tall man. Like 6.5. (1.95m)
And all my friends are tall also.
Tell me please it was not closely in escalade?
Or maybe i shoud go to SRV version?
There more space for passanger and driver?
Somewhere i heard that low space for tall passangers and driver its problem of escalade 2007.
I want spacious car.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
42 Posts
Yia sou megale... Meya kai kalorisiko :bouncy:

I just bought a 07 EXT today... I used to have 24" on my 05 Denali... When drive... you'll feel every pothole (lakouva) on the road. And I popped two tires like that.... that's alot of $$$$ or €€€€ over there :thumbsup:

My suggestion is... don't buy anything bigger than 22 for Athens... the roads suck sh*t.... as I used to live Kalamaki.

Cheers,
Theo

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
Do you have amber indicators in Greece as in most of Europe, if so the USA will be read only.

Also do you have rear fogs in greece?
Does the 07 have rear fogs in USA? This seems another thing USA cars lack, i have a BMW 750iL, the BIG fix for the USA is to get the rear fog lights working as Brake / sides as there the light isnt used with no lamp in it (same cluster as the Euro 750iL lights).

Many Thanks
Ashley

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. :) I lived in Switzerland for 3 years, saw a lot of Suburban's (it was before Escalade's were made) and I imported an 00' Corvette convertible, it was pretty funny to see many people around my Vette while Ferrari's and Lambo's were just sitting there, of course I was looking at them. ;)

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Nice truck, congrats and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

If I was you, i'd at least get the stock 22s. Those wheels looks great and i'm sure its okay to go offroad with those.

Man, 6'5"! Im only 5'6". lol. I'm short!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts