Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pics of my dented subframe and a question

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  CancerJCC 
#1 ·
As per my other thread, I ran over a big rock because I am an idiot.

I went under the car today and snapped these pics of the subframe. It looks like it is just dented and not bent, although I am sure that is difficult to tell with the naked eye.

The car drives straight. I did some extensive highway testing today and there are no alignment issues. So the question becomes, what do I do? Do I have this repaired? Do I have the car realigned just to be double-safe? Or do I stop obsessing about it?

The only steering issue I have is that it is a bit easier to steer to the right than to the left - and the damage is on the right subframe.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm having a hard time seeing exactly how bad it is. But if it was my car I would have the alignment checked if there was any noticeable damage. My local dealer only charges $10 or $15 to check the alignment. Of course it would cost more to adjust it if it needs it, but $10 is pretty cheap piece of mind.

#8 ·
I see a huge problem...Those look like stock headers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.