Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per my other thread, I ran over a big rock because I am an idiot.

I went under the car today and snapped these pics of the subframe. It looks like it is just dented and not bent, although I am sure that is difficult to tell with the naked eye.

The car drives straight. I did some extensive highway testing today and there are no alignment issues. So the question becomes, what do I do? Do I have this repaired? Do I have the car realigned just to be double-safe? Or do I stop obsessing about it?

The only steering issue I have is that it is a bit easier to steer to the right than to the left - and the damage is on the right subframe.

Attachments

·
Registered
06' cts-v infrared
243 Posts
Ok I'll do it.

"Shouldn't that come right out with that pops-a-dent thingy from TV?"

Really though, you should be ok. You may want to have it put on an alignment machine to verify your alignment.

Good luck!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,060 Posts
Whoa! That WAS a big-ass rock, indeed!

When you look at one side then the other, is it really obvious? (Not sure just how flat the other side is in comparison ... sorry.)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
I'm having a hard time seeing exactly how bad it is. But if it was my car I would have the alignment checked if there was any noticeable damage. My local dealer only charges $10 or $15 to check the alignment. Of course it would cost more to adjust it if it needs it, but $10 is pretty cheap piece of mind.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
I see a huge problem...Those look like stock headers

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
I see a huge problem...Those look like stock headers
...Or even worse....stock manifolds! Oh wait.....

OP Your V is destroyed, totaled! :) Check your alignment and get on with your life.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
I'd be surprised if that affected your alignment. If it's out I'd argue it was out before the rock.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd be surprised if that affected your alignment. If it's out I'd argue it was out before the rock.
it really doesn't seem to have affected it at all. I'm going to have a friend put it on his rack to verify that it's within spec.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
115 Posts
Doubt it screwed your alignment up, Check it for your own piece of mind, but I wouldnt sweat it...My buddy hit a manhole cover in his truck and completely tore is subframe up to the point where he needs an alignment ever few weeks :lol:

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts