Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at getting a 2006 CTS-V i really want to get a red car (never had one and yes i know it is a ticket magnet). when i looked at redline it looks like burgundy to much for my taste. does any one have a picture of an infrared CTS-V in some outdoor setting besides what is on the cadillac website. if it is burgundy will be going for stealth gray or silver otherwise...

can't wait on let the mods begin...

current wishlist:
1. corsa exhaust <-- cause it is a gm licensed part (otherwise would do B&B had stingers on Z06 and man it sounded awesome)
2. intake
3. short thow shifter
4. hotchkis swaybars (if they ever make them)
5. stealthv tune when they come out with a hand held so you don't have to send the pcm in everytime

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have a sts '06 "loaner" in infrared My wife said " i hate that color, it looks BURGANDY...something an old man would want" -LOL

in the direct sun it looks cool. brilliant and shiney but in indirect light it sucks!

-moldy

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I have the grey and love it, get compliments all the time. The Redline is hot looking too. Glad its not silver or black. There are too many of them saying they are faster. Everyone knows they are all the same stock in the spped department. Now rarity thats a different factor-

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same Stock? Hmm... obviously you arent aware that black cars have two extra layers of paint over silver, therefore they are slower.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Its not silver, its Platinum. Dont forget it

·
Registered
717 Posts
ur probably thinking of the DSOM on the c6... daytona sunset orange metallic

·
Registered
238 Posts
Although its not the same as seeing one in person, since infrafred is offered as a color on the regular CTS, you can see the regular CTS in infrared via the 360 degree walkaround at cadillac.com. If you're looking to see it in person, you should be able to find a regular CTS in that color at a local dealer using GMbuypower.com.

Chances are photos won't do the color justice anyway, as different lighting conditions will likely make infrared look lighter/darker or oranger/redder, much like they did for the old redline color.

Brian R.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The two reds look pretty close. I was dead set on getting the original Red Line until seeing one in person. The problem with it is the tail lights get 'lost' in the red on red scheme. Even my girlfriend said, 'Don't get that color.' It looks much better when you have a contrasting color to the lights.
If your local dealer doesn't have any Infrared cars on the lot, ask for the '06 CTS brochure. They have paint chips in the back you can see.
-Mike

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Not to change the subject too much, but the original "V" sketch showed the
car in blue. But the "V" has never been made available in "blue chip."

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i saw blue chip today and would buy it in a second. looked at the infrared, it is better, but looks too much like the taillights. so either stealth gray or platinum for me... and yes i know the platinum ones are faster
:burn::tease: :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
I posted about the alternate colors a long time ago but no responses. Why on Earth does GM offer like 9 different colors on the base CTS but only 4 (3 are duplicate base colors mind you) on the V? If they wanted it to be exclusive, fine, offer the 9 base plus the extra 'special' colors. Don't the cars roll down the same spray line? All base C4, C5 and C6 colors are available on ZR1 and Z06 models. Shouldn't that still hold true here?

Blue Chip is an absolutely gorgeous color. There's one at the office near me I pass every day. That as a V with the black interior... :cloud9:
-Mike

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
-uplink- said:
C5 and C6 colors are available on Z06 models. Shouldn't that still hold true here?

-Mike
I don't think that's true, for 05 there were (IIRC) only ~5 Z06 colors (vs. 8-9 for std vettes) for 06 there are 3 or 4 colors chioces on the Z06 ONLY. Someone with more Z06 experience should clarify.

-Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
benjet