Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a side view of my 95 fleetwood brougham, with the gold package. All the specs on the side of the car is not snow, but snowflakes on the lens. It was snowing while i was taking the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a picture of the inside, it hardly looks like its been sat in. Again, sorry about all the spots.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. It is definitely one of the most comfortable cars i have ever been in, including a 2000 BMW 740IL

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats right, tape and CD. This car has EVERY option available, not one thing not offered from the factory not there

When you think of BMW, you usually (at least I do) comfort. But when i rode in one i was really surprised how bad the ride was. Albiet, it was a nice car and we were on bumpy roads, but such a heavy car should have a very plush ride. Interior wise, the seats were comfortable (kinda), as they could be put into any conceivable position.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure about the tow package? Would there be a hitch on the back? If so, then i dont have that one at least as far as i know. It is not used for towing, basically just for taking up space in the garage :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I know.

Towing package would not have a hitch.
They have a higher rear axial ratio.
So It will go faster and have more towing ability than standard rear axial ratio.

But use higher engine speed. so It may cause more engine wear.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if in fact it is the fan behind the radiator, then it has the towing package. I am almost positive that it has the fan, but i dont spend a lot of time under the hood, because there is nothing to do under there!! Its clean enough its not even worth cleaning. Never been anything wrong with the car, besides a bad alternator about 6mo after its purchase. Id have to take a look for sure, but im at the lakes this weekend so i wont have a chance to look at it.

Hey karshot, i looked at your website on the FTS, and did you do anything to the interior? I didnt see any pictures of the interior.

Attachments

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Regarding the BMW's harsh ride - well - it's meant to be that way. They're basically the best handling luxury cars on the market.. So, they try to give as best a soft ride as they can. But, it's hard to have both very soft and great handling.. Hopefully the new Cadillacs will have this with the Magnetic Ride Control...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, i know that they are supposed to be the best handling cars, but i still think that the designers could make the ride softer and still maintain the handling.

I still question the effectiveness cadillac suspension system. I personally dont think it does anything except take money from your wallet when it comes time to repair it.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I guess we'll have to see as more and more people start driving the cars with the new suspensions.. I test drove a Volkswagen Passat W8 yesterday afternoon.. The suspension is amazing.. Very little body roll.. Even my girlfriend's '99 Passat handles amazingly...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i agree. My aunt got one of the new saturn vue's, and it has a really smooth ride. Most of the time you associate small SUVs with harsh rides, but this is really nice.

I just noticed that we kind of got off the topic, no biggie.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Again, no biggie. A fleetwood and BMWs have basically nothing in common. There would be no way to split this up, it has been a hodgepodge of random things.

I think that the LT1 is probably one of GMs most bullet proof engines available. Ive seen ones that run like new and they have 200k+. Thats huge for GM :D .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts