Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Omega (Catera)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Caddi drivers :thumbsup: i like to show my Opel Omega, so you can see the differents between the Catera and the Omega :cool2: I like the Catera verry much ! the are a couple of thing they are different between the Catera and the Omega, the Tail light from the Catera are beautiful !!

I'll drive the most powerful version the 3.2 V6, in europe we have the following engine's:

2.2 16V (four cylinder
2.2 DTI (Diesel, four cylinder)
2.5 DTI (6 straight cylinder BMW,Steyer engine)
2.6 V6
3.2 V6
The 5.7 V8 is as you all know never build :crying2:

So here a couple picture's :thumbsup:

Cheers, Hans :bouncy:

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Nice car mate, I love the color and the wheels, they are the Irmscher right?... also do you have power fold mirrors or did you just fold them yourself for the pictures, I got the 01 Catera Sport with the 3.0 L81 Motor and the Self leveling rear suspension. The only differences I see are the front bumpers as well as the rears, we have fog lights with integrated turn lights that shine at the corners when the turn signals are engaged... standard on cadillacs, and the I think we got different gauges for the interior, where you guys got the NAVI, we have an oil and volt gauge there, but I'd rather get the LCD... with the maps... also we got the smaller cutouts for the plates front and back and I think the trunk lids are different because you guys dont have the bulging mid piece between the tails, ours says Cadillac and Catera underneath...

I will post pictures once I get my Opel badging, and mine is going to be called an OPEL CATERA... but You will see that in a week or two...
Also the rear track of the car will be widened by about 50mm, so all I got to say is expect some pictures... soon.

·
Registered
Cadillac Omega (Catera)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice car mate, I love the color and the wheels, they are the Irmscher right?...
Thanks CateraMV6 ! Yup that's right they are Irmscher 'Sport star' 18 inch, do you know Irmscher in the states ? Steinmetz is also a Opel tuner.

also do you have power fold mirrors or did you just fold them yourself for the pictures,
No, that are real electric folding mirror's :yup: there is a special button inside the car to fold in or out the mirror's , on the picture you can see also that we dont have a button to close the door lock :D

Shot with DiMAGE A2 at 2007-08-16

I got the 01 Catera Sport with the 3.0 L81 Motor and the Self leveling rear suspension. The only differences I see are the front bumpers as well as the rears, we have fog lights with integrated turn lights that shine at the corners when the turn signals are engaged... standard on cadillacs,

Sport is nice, standard 3 cm lower as a normal Catera-/Omega, I have the Executive Full options, and also self leveling suspension.

That "Twilight' function is not available on the Omega :ill: but the new Mercedes E class in Europe has this function very nice and handy !

and the I think we got different gauges for the interior, where you guys got the NAVI, we have an oil and volt gauge there, but I'd rather get the LCD... with the maps... also we got the smaller cutouts for the plates front and back and I think the trunk lids are different because you guys dont have the bulging mid piece between the tails, ours says Cadillac and Catera underneath...

Yups ! here a picture with the color (NAVI) screen on

I will post pictures once I get my Opel badging, and mine is going to be called an OPEL CATERA... but You will see that in a week or two...
Also the rear track of the car will be widened by about 50mm, so all I got to say is expect some pictures... soon.

LOL :D we in the Netherlands and Germany like to change the badge to Catera and you guys want Omega :cloud9: :thumbsup:

I'm verry exited ! to see the combination Cadillac Omega :yup:

The speed limit in the states is crap :D what is the max speed on the highway .. 50 milles ? in the Netherlands its 120 Km/h so 60 milles.. but in Germany there is no limit and I live 1 hour from the German border and i have test the max speed of my Omi :tongue2:

Cheers, Hans

·
Registered
Cadillac Omega (Catera)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That shifter is interesting.

Our cars are 1, 2, 3, D...

Did the 3.2 come with a 5-speed automatic?

Hi Warez,

Awsome project !! to build a Omega V8 :thumbsup:

Yes ! and also the 2.5 DTI (Diesel Turbo Intercooler) Common Rail, it has 150bHp and 350 Nm torque

Cheers, Hans :bouncy:

·
Registered
Cadillac Omega (Catera)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AWESOME Hans thanks for the pictures.. the differences are interesting. You have to put the Opel logo back it looks so cool!!

Yes they are ! Haha LOL :histeric: I like it without logo, only the small Irmscher logo, or are original Cadillac Grill ! thats cool man :cool2:

The max speed Ive seen in the US is 70 mph, though theres places out in the west that have 80 mph.

Oké thanks for the info :thumbsup:

wow, that is sharp! I love the two tone and woodgrain. Especially the nav system. Nice!

Thanks !

Yes I like the wood grain very much ! in the Catera there is only one wood type available ?

In the Omega we have a lot of wood type's:

Brown wood (what i have)
Wood design (high gloss shine)
Mahogany wood (high gloss shine) standard on the Omega Design Edition

Real alloy (Executive)
Alloy look (Sport)

I have the Omega Executive, with the state of art head unit, the Opel/Siemens NCDC 2015 (Navi, Radio, 4cd changer, OnSTar and Telephone)

Cheers, Hans

·
Registered
Cadillac Omega (Catera)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's a map showing the Max speed limits per state. Texas has to be different and has various max limits per county ranging from 65 to 80 MPH.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_the_United_States

Thanks elvin315 for your replay :yup:

Today i have taken a couple new shot's together with the Omega from a friend of mine :thumbsup:

The Omega from my friend is an 2.5 V6 sport (2000) with Manuel shifting, and believe it or not, but he's really fast !! not faster as mine 3.2 but fast :cool2:

Cheers, Hans

1 - 15 of 15 Posts