Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got my calipers repainted and put on with my new Cryo treated rotors from BSI. Here is a pic of the front caliper on the the passenger side rotor. I will take photos tomorrow of the calipers with the factory wheels, and then I will have photos next week with the rims powdercoated gloss black. Enjoy!

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Nice job - Like to see it on the car now.

·
Registered
Redline CTS-V (sniffle)
176 Posts
I'm waiting for the inevitable "they're installed backwards" propaganda :hide:

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for the inevitable "they're installed backwards" propaganda :hide:
They are not installed backwards. The slots are manufactured to rotate that way and the internal cooling fins are non-directional. You will also notice that on Brembo's world challenge slotting design the slots scoop both ways.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
They are not installed backwards. The slots are manufactured to rotate that way and the internal cooling fins are non-directional. You will also notice that on Brembo's world challenge slotting design the slots scoop both ways.
WOW touch a nerve there Ted :canttalk:

Shouldn't you be spending you extra cash on beer?

-Chris

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW touch a nerve there Ted :canttalk:

Shouldn't you be spending you extra cash on beer?

-Chris
Haha no, originally I thought they were installed backwards too! I did a lot of research to find out that they weren't. As far as the beer money...all 4 rotors and both sets of pads only cost me $475 so it was a great price and I needed pads anyway. Chris the invite still stands for you to come out here and see how well I can spend my beer money :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac cts-v
221 Posts
Haha no, originally I thought they were installed backwards too! I did a lot of research to find out that they weren't. As far as the beer money...all 4 rotors and both sets of pads only cost me $475 so it was a great price and I needed pads anyway. Chris the invite still stands for you to come out here and see how well I can spend my beer money :thumbsup:
Hey which website did you buy those at?

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got them from an eBay auction posted by Brake Solutions International (BSI Brakes). They have awful customer service and it takes forever to get your parts, but the rotors look great and perform VERY well. I can't post their contact info on here because they are not a supporting vendor.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
SkullV said:
Chris the invite still stands for you to come out here and see how well I can spend my beer money :thumbsup:
Heh, I'll keep that in mind :D

I do some travelling for my Navy client, but last time I checked, no Navy bases in Indiana :thepan:

One of the carptastic things about getting older is your brain still things you can drink 30 cans of beer in a day, but you body (and liver) gives you the big F.U. when you give it a try.

-Chris

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also if anyone does decide to order the full set of brakes from them MAKE SURE to ask if they have the rotors in stock and also tell them you want HB194F.570 rear pads and not the HB194F.665 that their book shows. They sent me the wrong ones and it took FOREVER to get the right pads.

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Also if anyone does decide to order the full set of brakes from them MAKE SURE to ask if they have the rotors in stock and also tell them you want HB194F.570 rear pads and not the HB194F.665 that their book shows. They sent me the wrong ones and it took FOREVER to get the right pads.
Post the link:cookoo:

Your not doing a group purchase in here,who gives a shit if you mention where you bought something
:confused:

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Post the link:cookoo:

Your not doing a group purchase in here,who gives a shit if you mention where you bought something
:confused:
The company's web site is bsibrakes.com for some reason they dont have any items listed on eBay right now which is where I got mine. If you call them and tell them you saw the set on eBay the price was $423 plus $50 for shipping.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are the new photos on a better camera with the calipers and rotors mounted with stock rims. Black powdercoated rims and white V caliper stickers photos coming next week. I think the matching calipers and lines on the tires will look GREAT with the black rims!

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
:2thumbs:looks really clean!

are you thinking about getting tints??

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V
202 Posts
Here are the new photos on a better camera with the calipers and rotors mounted with stock rims. Black powdercoated rims and white V caliper stickers photos coming next week. I think the matching calipers and lines on the tires will look GREAT with the black rims!

Ted,

That thing looks awesome!!! Are you sure you want to race it at V-Day II? Okay, I know you are going to be there, I was just hoping for less competition :) Seriously, it looks absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing you at Summit Point II!

My Best,

Rob

1 - 20 of 135 Posts