Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a XenonFactory 5000K 9006 kit in my girlfriends 02 EXT a few weeks ago. I finally got around to getting some comparision pics against my 02 with stock headlights. She had purchased me a kit also, but I wanted to show the difference before I installed mine. Here they are:


side by side



another side by side




Hers downhill




mine downhill




side by side downhill




against garage




Regards


Walter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
That looks hot to me. You just sold me on a kit. Should be ordering sometime after Christmas. Were they easy to install. Can you post a pic under the hood just so that I can get an idea as to where to mount the ballasts etc. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Joined
·
12,114 Posts
Great pics. I'd like to see HIDs compared to silverstar headlights. Nice comparo!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
02 Escalade
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
genovese45 said:
That looks hot to me. You just sold me on a kit. Should be ordering sometime after Christmas. Were they easy to install. Can you post a pic under the hood just so that I can get an idea as to where to mount the ballasts etc. Thanks in advance.
Thanks! Very easy to install. I'll get a pic in the next few days. On the driver side I removed the battery for the install, made everything go much quicker. Only thing I suggest is getting some flexloom (plastic wire covers that are on most of the wires in the engine bay) for the power and ground wires from the pass side ballast to the battery. Not only does it provide some extra protection, it makes the install look stock.

Walter
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
HIghs and low beam kit? I hiave low beam hid stock and am wondering if doing the highs and or maybe the fogs are worth it. 2004 escalade
 

·
Registered
2000 Escalade
Joined
·
242 Posts
DBrisson said:
HIghs and low beam kit? I hiave low beam hid stock and am wondering if doing the highs and or maybe the fogs are worth it. 2004 escalade
I want to do the same for my 2000 and I asked one of the suppliers the same question about the high beams...he said it would be a waste due to the time it takes for the lights to warm up and he also stated if you are prone to flashing your brights to people, the bulbs wouldn't last very long. This is coming from a guy that could just as well have told me to spend another $300 for the high beam conversion! BTW, if you have older Lades where the DRL's are your low beams, you can't use the conversions unless you disconnect the DRL's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Hey HCVONE, have you heard of ProXenon? These kits are supposedly genuine Hella based. The Kelvin starts at 5000K, I was wondering if this would give me the best stock look. I want the brightest whitest light possible. http://www.proxenon.com/ I know the stock look for Phillips is like 4300K right, so what you think?
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
suckit said:
Hey HCVONE, have you heard of ProXenon? These kits are supposedly genuine Hella based. The Kelvin starts at 5000K, I was wondering if this would give me the best stock look. I want the brightest whitest light possible. http://www.proxenon.com/ I know the stock look for Phillips is like 4300K right, so what you think?
My high beams are 5000k, well really they are listed at 4800k, I can only think this must have been a special bulb for one of the Euro car makers, and I got them by mistake, they are not as purple as some of the 5000k HID bulbs I have tested. With the high beams and low beams both on together (when the high beams are used and all 4 headlights are on) you can see the difference from the low beams to the high beams, but the look is so close you really see almost no difference. My fog HID bulbs are 4300k.
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
suckit said:
Hey HCVONE, have you heard of ProXenon? These kits are supposedly genuine Hella based. The Kelvin starts at 5000K, I was wondering if this would give me the best stock look. I want the brightest whitest light possible. http://www.proxenon.com/ I know the stock look for Phillips is like 4300K right, so what you think?
I have seen their web site before, they said they use "Bosch made bases" , which may or may not be a good thing. Their kits uses a starter that is not in the ballast, that can lead to more items to hide in the front of your truck. Here is a company that offers Phillips
http://xenonpros.com/philips4300k.html
just came across them, do not know anything about the company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
hcvone said:
I have seen their web site before, they said they use "Bosch made bases" , which may or may not be a good thing. Their kits uses a starter that is not in the ballast, that can lead to more items to hide in the front of your truck. Here is a company that offers Phillips
http://xenonpros.com/philips4300k.html
just came across them, do not know anything about the company.
from what I've read, the bulbs are rebased phillips ultinon bulbs along with rechiped hella ballasts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
can you just buy hid lenses with ballasts off of a newer scalade with HID and connect to that??? I was thinking about getting all new headlights anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
never thought there would be that big of a difference. thanks for sharing the comparison. now i've got one more thing to add to my list of mods.
 

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS4
Joined
·
148 Posts
Justin Sane said:
can you just buy hid lenses with ballasts off of a newer scalade with HID and connect to that??? I was thinking about getting all new headlights anyway.
YES, you can.
 

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
The problem is the new Escalade lenses have the ballasts going through them, and they are very expensive, a retro kit would be a cheaper way to go and you will get the same light output.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top