Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Found this forum a couple of days ago, and used the opinions and info on here to reassure myself on my decision to buy a Cadillac Seville STS.

I'm collecting it tomorrow, it's a right-hand drive 2000 model with only 15,000 miles on the clock. I think I got a good deal, it was 7,000 UKP (they were 40,000UKP new) so fingers crossed that it's a good one.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
:welcome: to the forums. Glad to have you here. congrats on the STS. Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your STS. Post some pictures when you get a chance!
:welcome:
Paul

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Picked the car up.

Drivers side (RHD remember) door mirror doesn't move (can hear the motor whirring but glass is loose).

"Security" light is illuminated on dashboard.

CD Changer cartridge is missing.

Apart from that it's pretty much A1, one little scratch that polished right out, one small stone chip on the bonnet, and someone has caught the tip of the drivers door against something so has a 1 to 2mm deep dent on the rear edge of the door that is about an inch high and a couple of mm wide. Hardly noticeable at all.

The batteyr voltage display says "16.4V OK" which seems high to me. It says that with the engine running or not.

I'm being REALLY picky here, it's basically lovely.

The silence is eerie and it's a lot quicker than I expected!

I'm loving it!!!

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,722 Posts
Welcome! I also have a 2000 STS. Mine is black on black, but mine has a wood shift knob, and steering wheel. I see yours is leather. Strange!, I thought all STS had wood!

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess UK spec was different.

There was a sunroof available, but mine doesn't have it.

I think a lot of the switchgear is different too?

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
Nice Ride, Welcome to the forums.

General Question...

Do right-drive cars retain the same pedal alignment as left-drive cars? Is it still clutch-->brake-->gas?? Just curious about that. Not sure I could shift a car left handed, definitely couldn't clutch right-footed.

:hmm:

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it's still clutch -> brake -> gas

I have only ever driven automatic american cars so I'm not sure how I'd handle a manual one (stick shift).
Although Im right handed I find the idea of shifting with my right hand and steering with my left a bit wierd.

Cadillac sold the Seville STS in the UK between 1998 and 2001/2 I think.
I'm surprised it didn't sell very well as they at least made it in RHD.
But I think the soft suspension (which I believe is actually stiffer than a US STS) and the reputation for poor fuel economy may be the reason.
LHD is what puts most people off american cars and that's why when manufacturers occasionally decide to sell their cars in the UK in LHD they don't sell so well. I wonder if the new Cadillac CTS they are going to sell over here will be LHD? If it is I don't fancy its chances.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts