Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1 Day In.....

Well...I finally pulled the trigger on a new XT4 Sport yesterday for the wife.

Shadow Metallic with 20" wheels and all the goodies. With these wheels, you can definitely "feel" the road better than with the 18". The 4 we test drove had the 18 inchers and I have to say that the ride was a tad more cushier.

After driving it around for a few late hours I was pretty satisfied with the acceleration particularly compared to the 2007 Honda CR-V it is replacing. The engine gets a little noisy for my taste when you put your foot in it but that is not usually how this car will be driven. We won't be taking it to the dragstrip as much as using it as a highway cruiser for the many road trips we plan on taking in the next few years. Haven't had a chance to play much with the Cue, however, I am digging that rear view camera and the HUD.

It is barely noticeable to me when the auto-start-stop engages. I thought it would be a bother, but after experiencing it in action, it's not an issue for me. I had to actually tell the wife when it was happening as its activity was invisible to her. She is a little wary about it though. She knows where the button is to turn it off if she wants.

Is it my imagination, or is the steering wheel a little small.......

The cornering light that comes on during a turn was totally unexpected. Nice touch....

My concerning part....
when I got out of the car in the garage, it smelled like a little burning plastic. It is my expectation that that will dissipate and go away altogether as the clock spins.

Will post more observations as they occur.

19301488034.jpg 19301488197.jpg 19301488632.jpg 19301488260.jpg
19301488298.jpg 19301488358.jpg

·
Registered
05 SRX; 09 V
273 Posts
Beautiful car. Mine is the same color inside and out as yours. I ordered mine because all the dealer cars had the 20" wheels, and I wanted the better ride with the 18's. I had to sacrifice the adaptive cruise, but it was worth it. So far a great car. Sold my BMW X3 for this. Caddy air conditioning is much superior. Wife is mucho happy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree on the 'auto stop' - smoothest I've experienced- I was originally disabling it- but it is so unobtrusive I totally forget about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts