Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time driving a V was when I drove it home. And...wow. Wow. Now I can finally understand what all those reviewers and guys on this forum were talking about. Just hearing that engine kick on for the first time was such a rush, and then getting it on the highway...man oh man. Pure pleasure. Such a distinctive, striking automobile, and such an absolute blast to drive. Even with the Sottozeroes on, I took it around a couple curves at speed and felt totally planted and in control.

The only two what-the moments I had were, 1) I can't believe they didn't light up the gear indicator on the shifter, and 2), I can't believe I burned through a quarter of a tank of gas just on the drive home. But the kind of fun I had tonight is totally worth any minor drawbacks.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto
343 Posts
hahaha... I hear ya' on the fuel thing...gotta pay to play. Can't have 556 HP and not burn the gas!

Congrats and Enjoy!

You have a gear indicator in your gauge cluster...I can appreciate what you are saying, but its no biggie after you get used to it.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
Congrats on the new V. Thirsty yes, but the sure-footed thing helps to forget.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Welcome to the "V" group and the small, but distinguished, Wagon enthusiasts.
As to gas mileage, because the Wagon is a bit heavier then the CTS Coupe and Sedan, I bet the Wagon has the worst fuel economy of any passenger vehicle on the current market.

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Congrats...you will love it.

Now just watch as people ty to figure what out what you have there. They see the Cadillac emblems, then the V emblems. Some know what you have, just never seen one up close. Wicked excess only money can buy.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon
8 Posts
Welcome to the club. Vwagon's rule. :) Had mine a few weeks and you get over the gas thing pretty quick, as damn near everything else with the car is perfect right off the lot.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy your car!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts