Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I always wanted a V (or a 650I Convertible).....so tonight I picked up a 2007 V, and all I have to say is WOW. This car is AWESOME!! I am very happy with my purchase, and it's ONLY been 4 hours since I have owned it.

Its a 2007, has 27k miles on it, bought it for $29K....infrared in color, light cashmere/dark gray interior, and all the options they came with - moonroof, navi, leather, memory seats, DVD, XM, On*Star.....I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I purely love this car!!!!

Are there any concerns I should have with this car, or preparations to make so things don't wear out faster on it? I've heard about the rear diff bushing and the seemingly infamous 'clunk' noise....is there anything I can do to help alleviate that from happening?

Thanks for any advice and help. I am new to this forum, but am looking to be here for a looooooooooong time.

-Chris H.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Well, I always wanted a V (or a 650I Convertible).....so tonight I picked up a 2007 V, and all I have to say is WOW. This car is AWESOME!! I am very happy with my purchase, and it's ONLY been 4 hours since I have owned it.

Its a 2007, has 27k miles on it, bought it for $29K....infrared in color, light cashmere/dark gray interior, and all the options they came with - moonroof, navi, leather, memory seats, DVD, XM, On*Star.....I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I purely love this car!!!!

Are there any concerns I should have with this car, or preparations to make so things don't wear out faster on it? I've heard about the rear diff bushing and the seemingly infamous 'clunk' noise....is there anything I can do to help alleviate that from happening?
Thanks for any advice and help. I am new to this forum, but am looking to be here for a looooooooooong time.

-Chris H.
buy a bushing from luke and lindsay caddy add on the right side of your screen, and drive the shiznit out of it and enjoy!!!

and check out http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

great info!!

this site has tons and tons ofthreads with great info

o sorry a few drink later WELCOME

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Welcome, Chris! Congrats on the new ride, too!

Now, go out there and get CAGS eliminator and a shifter. These are as necessary as fuel in the tank will make you even happier than you are.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Welcome

Memorize the FAQ almost every answer is on there.

Then come back to the forum and every answer that wasn't on the faq is in the depths of this place, so use the search or use a combo google search with this forum as the domain.

Besides that if you are married open a secret account that the wife doesn't know about and start mod hell. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

I like the secret account....I'm not married yet, but will be in 4 months. I'm not new into modding trucks, but this is my 1st car in over 15 years. I've only had one other car that I drove in the early 90s and THAT was NOT worth modding. LOL

I'll check out those FAQs and those other sites.

Thanks again.

-Chris

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I like the secret account....I'm not married yet, but will be in 4 months. I'm not new into modding trucks, but this is my 1st car in over 15 years. I've only had one other car that I drove in the early 90s and THAT was NOT worth modding. LOL

I'll check out those FAQs and those other sites.

Thanks again.

-Chris
Welcome and an extra welcome to the MOD HELL :lildevil: - Get your wallet ready :yup:

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Congrats and welcome! They are awesome cars.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
784 Posts
Love the infrared!

Was looking for an infrared or thunder gray when I found mine...was just too good to pass up.

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
If you think you're in love now, but a blower on it and see what happens! I was actually accused of loving my car more than my girl. Of course I lied and told her no but, my baby and I know the truth. lol

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Welcome. Just give Luke your credit card number and save his number in your cell phone now, its easier that way.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
:welcomeJimmyH: to the forum! Won't be too long before these guys have you convinced to dive deep into mod hell (and your wallet!)

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
:welcome: !!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
I've been a member for maybe a year now and it is addictive!!!!! Welcome.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
It has been a year. WOW. Time flys when you're moddin.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
F the CAGS and get a Wait4Me PCM. For $160 bucks he'll open up that extra hp AND disable the skip shift. Not to mention you'll have an extra PCM.

Oh yeah and...:welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts