Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a red platinum in January. no schedule to build as of yet per Cadillac, so when this black one popped up as available I jumped on it.
got it on Friday. Pretty happy with it so far. rides nice and has lots of cool gadgets.

Only a couple issues to have fixed so far:

The dome light switch quit working correctly. "off" = off, but "door" and "on" both = on.
the proximity locking quit working. when you walk away it should lock, but it doesn't.
and the back up camera display is very foggy, and you can't see much. the image is really washed out. sounds like this is a common problem as disscussed in another thread.

Black looks great when it is clean... I foresee a lot of car washes in my future... LOL

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Congrats!

Dome light switch should both be on in the door position when the door is open or when you close the door as there is a delay. It does turn off after about 15 seconds. Try that. Watch it and you will see it shut off.
The locking feature you speak of must be turned on in the CUE vehicle option settings. There's nothing wrong with it. The factory default option is off.

My 360 camera system is also a bit blurry/foggy. Make sure the camera lens is clean and make sure dealer does the software update. You will know if you have the software update when the right side of the screen no longer has black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. The right side of the screen should show a full screen view.

Our 2015i Premium is also black and it's a VERY tough color to maintain. Next time, I will go with the granite gray or maybe even a lighter color. I am a slave to the up keep of the black raven!

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
My first new Escalade in Aug was black. Loved the color clean but I had to clean it every day lol. Water spots wore me out. The 2015i i choose Diamond White which I love…. Congrats

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats!

Dome light switch should both be on in the door position when the door is open or when you close the door as there is a delay. It does turn off after about 15 seconds. Try that. Watch it and you will see it shut off.
The locking feature you speak of must be turned on in the CUE vehicle option settings. There's nothing wrong with it. The factory default option is off.

My 360 camera system is also a bit blurry/foggy. Make sure the camera lens is clean and make sure dealer does the software update. You will know if you have the software update when the right side of the screen no longer has black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. The right side of the screen should show a full screen view.

Our 2015i Premium is also black and it's a VERY tough color to maintain. Next time, I will go with the granite gray or maybe even a lighter color. I am a slave to the up keep of the black raven!
I will check for the delay on the dome light.

I do have the passive locking turned on. It worked this afternoon again. So I will do some more testing to make sure it is working right.

I do have the letter boxed back up camera view, so it needs the software update at least... maybe not new cameras.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Open the DRIVER's door and look on the bottom of the B-Pillar for the production label. It should be gray in color. It will have a month/year printed on the top left corner.

If you want, get me your VIN # and I can see if I can pull up the invoice and tell you exactly what month/day/year it was built.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
discovered today that there is no gas cap. and there is a special funnel to fill with if you are using a gas can.
No locking door??? that seems cheap!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Clifford X said:
discovered today that there is no gas cap. and there is a special funnel to fill with if you are using a gas can. No locking door??? that seems cheap!
No worries, even the range rovers have no locking doors. Only Mercedes Benz have it.

·
Registered
Escalade
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries, even the range rovers have no locking doors. Only Mercedes Benz have it.
I'm not too worried about it being syphoned... but seems like they should use the kind of door that locks when the other doors are locked...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts