Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowered about 1" in the front and 3/4-1" in the rear. I am so damn on the fence about doing this mod. I really need to be convinced that the $500 is worth it. In my mind I know it should look awesome but on paper 1" doesn't seem like much. All my other lowered cars had more of a drop. Can I see some pics? Especially if you have a before and after pic and especially if it's silver (the black looks lower IMO because the wheels match the paint sort of)...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Sorry, it's not platinum, but here're two pics soon after I installed my GC kit back in Oct '06. The drop is about 1-1/4" I'd guess; it was too much ...

Here's where it is now, roughly 3/4" drop (this pic taken May '07) ...

If you go beyond 1", you'll be scraping something somewhere all the time unless you live in Kansas. :yup:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
here is mine! i love the GC system. with 600f/650r and qa1 shocks, the car is super stiff and responsive as all hell!

mite be a lil lower then what you wanted to see but that is the rear as low as it can go (well maybe a hair shorter if you want) and the front has a ton more to go if you want but i am going to raise it up a lil...

p.s. there are my taillights i finally did them lol

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Brandon - the taillights and stance look great!

It makes mine look like a monster truck!

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I think its about a 1" drop on 255/40 tires.
You can get it pretty low with GC.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I still love those wheels Tony. They looks even better in person. :yup:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I still love those wheels Tony. They looks even better in person. :yup:
Thanks,,,even though they didn't come out perfect, I still like them. And they're way better than the accessories :shhh:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
it was rubbing like crazy with the shocks set on 5 in the front (so bad it un rolled the front fender and made a dent in them), i just raised it up 1 turn and put the shocks at 6 and its great!

tom... thanks bro you need to bring your V down to earth now! (yours may be a monster truck but its faster then mine!)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Here's mine. I can't remember for sure, but I think I am lowered a bit over 1" in front and a bit over 3/4" in the rear. I am probably going to go even lower since I put the lower profile R888s on and there is a larger fender well gap.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Geez, tweeter, you've got one nice headturner there. VERY nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Geez, tweeter, you've got one nice headturner there. VERY nice! :thumbsup:
Thanks, rand. I have always respected your knowledge and do-it-yourself attitude when working on the V. Someday (my warranty is up in less than one year) I will attempt some major power mods and might even try to do some of the installs myself as I have been inspired by your Hendrix Axle install. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts