Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, its mine. BTW, pulls trailer great. Only thing I don't like is driving around with the extra 40lbs the hitch weighs. It is bolt on so I can remove it at any time. Get a few stares when driving but, heh, cars were meant to be used.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
Love that pic. New desktop background...Sorry Brent, youve been bumped off. Get some more good nos pics and you might make it back on the cpu desktop

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
Tell that lil rugrat to get his feet off your leather!!!

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Thats good stuff... I have a hitch too, last ride was a S-10 and im a Steel Artist (metal sculptor) once the truck was gone had to figure something out to transport large scale pieces. I have a trailor that was given to me, but im gonna use my metal skillzzz to craft a 4x10ft. trailor that mimicks the body lines of the cts, paint it blue chip with the same wheels and i wont be viewed as such a redneck by passers by!

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
My wife won't let me put a hitch on my Deville to tow my motorcycle. I guess I'll have to show her this pic! :)

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2005 CTS
13 Posts
Hey, BlueMalibu

Nice Hitch, and Kart. Was you car already wired for the Hitch lights or did you find a conversion kit? also did you have to add a Transmission cooler or is the hitch and trailer light enough that you don't worry about overheating?

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, BlueMalibu

Nice Hitch, and Kart. Was you car already wired for the Hitch lights or did you find a conversion kit? also did you have to add a Transmission cooler or is the hitch and trailer light enough that you don't worry about overheating?
Had to get the wire adapter for the lights. Just used a generic one that works with most cars.

No need for a trans cooler as my car has the 6-speed manual. :).

The Sport package brakes make woeing it down no problem with the trailer. The hitch is rated for only 2000 pounds so no heavy hauling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts