Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 Deville
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know my car doesn't have bluetooth, and I don't have a phone IN the car, except for whatever is connected to onstar, which is analog, and therefore not active. The dash says Phone On though, so what's it talking about? i've searched here, and in the owners manual, but I can't find anything.

It's an '02 Deville

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,670 Posts
The later (2000+ ?) OnStar includes a hands-free phone - the mike is in the mirror and voice comes from the center dash speaker. Even though the analog system is dead, the "phone" is still on. Just for grins, push the OnStar button on the mirror - NOT the emergency red cross - the OnStar button. See who answers.......

You can upgrade your system to digital. $15 + a years' subscription + 200 minutes ($70) for a total of somewhere around $150 - $200. Dealer only, VIN check, appointment, install, tech test, pay.

There's a separate OnStar Manual. You can download it from the OnStar site.

I did my '02 a few years ago during the free grace period.

·
Registered
02 Deville
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The later (2000+ ?) OnStar includes a hands-free phone - the mike is in the mirror and voice comes from the center dash speaker. Even though the analog system is dead, the "phone" is still on. Just for grins, push the OnStar button on the mirror - NOT the emergency red cross - the OnStar button. See who answers.......

You can upgrade your system to digital. $15 + a years' subscription + 200 minutes ($70) for a total of somewhere around $150 - $200. Dealer only, VIN check, appointment, install, tech test, pay.

I had no idea about that. Thanks. :) I just pressed the button, and "Lisa Davis" answered with a recording, telling me all about OnStar, and to call 888-onstar5 to activate. So if I upgrade to digital, does it include the roof mounted antenna, or would I still have that silly pigtail looking one on the rear glass? I'll have to call the dealer to get more info.

·
Premium Member
09 1SG STS4 & Subie CrossTrek (retired 03 DeVille & 05 V6 SRX4)
429 Posts

I have the same thing but with "phone not active" or something like that, anyway i went to the dealer and asked him about that he said it's analog system and we don't have anykit or upgrade program from cadillac now.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,670 Posts
does it include the roof mounted antenna, or would I still have that silly pigtail looking one on the rear glass?
You get a slightly different glass-mounted whip and mounting base - the loading coil is closer to the base.

baller95, I THINK the cutoff for the digital conversion is 2002. Check with OnStar.

mjcaddy, You might want to check with either another Cadillac dealer or OnStar. I believe the 2003 can be converted to digital.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,017 Posts
My 2002 is able to be converted but for the price they wanted I chose to decline to do it.

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts