Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade Premium AWD
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

what do you use to mount your phone to the dash? I'm looking for ideas...

I'm thinking to get a magnetic holder, but would like to have it nice and tightly screwed to the dash, behind the main wood trim around the radio, probably in proximity to the shifter, but not to block any of the left side info/config buttons.

A Galaxy S4 is the phone in question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
shpitz461 said:
Hi everyone, what do you use to mount your phone to the dash? I'm looking for ideas... I'm thinking to get a magnetic holder, but would like to have it nice and tightly screwed to the dash, behind the main wood trim around the radio, probably in proximity to the shifter, but not to block any of the left side info/config buttons. A Galaxy S4 is the phone in question. Thanks!
I use Mountek. Mounts into the CD player opening that I never use. It's magnetic and works great. My iPhone looks like it's floating in the air.

www.mountek.com

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty cool, tnx, but I don't think it's practical for us. The DVD slot is fairly low to begin with, I'm looking for something closer to the center vents.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
shpitz461 said:
That's pretty cool, tnx, but I don't think it's practical for us. The DVD slot is fairly low to begin with, I'm looking for something closer to the center vents.
You can also jam it in seams and other areas vs the cd slot. There are a lot of ways to mount it. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha. I might go with 853857 that mounts near the clock. Thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts