Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's happened a couple times to me that I get a left edge triple seat vibration (like leaving the left edge of my lane), but no warning flash on the dash from the lane departure. Mixed messages basically.

When I do accidentally wander left or right, I get appropriate left/right vibrations with the flashing orange lane warning light. Just sometimes I get a left wander vibration warning when I know I have not wandered, but no light.

Anyone else experience phantom seat vibration warnings?

Max

·
Registered
2017 XT5, Platinum, Dark Granite Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
1,522 Posts
How clean is your SRX. Dirt on the sensors located around the vehicle can create false indications. In the past few days I have experienced seat vibrations at low speeds and after a few times noticed the parking sensor indicator on the DIC. There is a lot of salt covering my front bumper area. When it warms enough for the car washes to open, the phantoms will likely disappear.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why am I getting virbations with no dash indicator? If it's triggering (real or false) both flash and vibration should happen together.

Max

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an option for beep or vibration, but the dash light should illuminate no matter which notification method is chosen.

Max

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
...but the dash light should illuminate no matter which notification method is chosen.

Max
Hmmm, I'm going to have to pay specific attention to this next time I'm out and about. Never really looked for this behavior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts