Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I PM'd Ralph many times warning him about getting sucked into this War but alas his ship has been sunk. Can we as members, many of us supporting members petition the Administrator in combined unity to bring back Ralph if even under parol.

Let's do a poll for possible solution and the same time post your support if you would. Moving past his war with HRS Ralph brought a lot of new and refreshing material. He brought wit and he brought humor...oh yes, the Chics:)

Let's see what develops here. Hopefully Sal will let it play out and it may give him new insight.

Bob
RobertCTS

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
The whole deal sucks ....but this sort of thing happens in life ...people loose there cool and overreact , and in yesterdays case it was all 3 involoved ...to dire consequences ....

Unforetunatly i belive not only were folks banned , but bridges burned and freinds lost ....Talking with ralph it seems as if he wouldnt come back anyway ....Everyone involved is trying to be the bigger man ....We arent going to see anyone appologize or comprimise ....

Im torn between boath sides of this , im loyal to my freinds ....now i got freinds on 2 sides of this ....

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I have always stayed neutral between them and never took sides. I even consider Ralph a friend and have spoke with HRS from time to time. I have PM'ed both of them several times to make them stop in the past.

This was the only way for the fighting to stop. I would love to see both of them solve there differences and see them both return as helpful members here on the forums. The ball is in there court though. They are the ones that have to decide if the forums and there friends here are more valuable to them then the differences between each other. Good choice Sal.

Tom

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
boombotz said:
I have always stayed neutral between them and never took sides. I even consider Ralph a friend and have spoke with HRS from time to time. I have PM'ed both of them several times to make them stop in the past.

This was the only way for the fighting to stop. I would love to see both of them solve there differences and see them both return as helpful members here on the forums. The ball is in there court though. They are the ones that have to decide if the forums and there friends here are more valuable to them then the differences between each other. Good choice Sal.
Tom
Hi Tom,
As I read your post I was surprised as the language was not Julie's:yup:
Julie has spoken of you but I've never caught up with you. Exceptional wife you have there.

I don't think both coming back will work. I elected Ralph simply because he brought a lot of fresh material to the Forum. I wanted to see if we could save one of them. Sal may not accept any of this. I think he would expect some sort of action as a penalty.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Yeah, this is all well and good, but he don't wanna come back. As much as I'd like to entertain the idea it ain't happenin'. Ralph emailed me, he wants nothing to do with this place anymore. I think it's best to just see him off. We've still got him via email and shit so he's not in like Tibet or anything.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Unfortunately I agree with most of Y'all above. Ralph and Jeff were both terrific members to this site with wonderful contributions and at least in Ralphs case, a ton of time devoted to hanging around here.

Unfortunately, I believe the damage has been done no matter how you slice it and the past is in the past at this point. I know fully well that if Jeff and Ralph can at some point resolve their differences, they will both be welcomed back one day with open arms. However, that is entirely up to them as well as whether they want to come back to begin with. One thing is for sure, consistently complaining to the one person who busts his ass to make sure this site stays around over absolutely ridiculous quarrelsome shit is a sure fireway to get yourself put in the corner over time. Sal works very very hard to keep this place up and running, was it fair to expect him to constantly field complaints from these members as well? I think not.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Sorry, but I will not go back on my word. Instead of petitioning for Ralph's return, petition for them to resolve their differences. From this day forward, I'll never receive another PM from either one of them asking for me to ban the other or complaints about red reputation points or links to various threads where one was mean to the other and on and on and on. I'm not the only one who's benefitting from this either. I never go ahead and do anything TO the community for only myself. Most of the people who wanted this to happen will never come forward because it's not in their best interests. I've been asked to do exactly this for a long time and I finally broke and did it. The ball is in their court.

I didn't tell them they were banned and could never come back. All they need to do is resolve their differences and keep their personal spats OFF of our website. That's ALL I ask. Apparently, THAT is too MUCH to ask...

And that's a shame...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
As much as i would like to see both guys back, Ralph doesnt want to return. Im really beat about this, i like the guy, and i never had any issue with Jeff either. But Sal has made, unfortunately, the right choice.

Lets remember the good times.

April fools prank.
Holly Prank.
Amy Prank.
Roaming Ralph thread.
Windy City prank.

im sure there are more.

And, for a last time, the pink Fleetwood.

I think we should let it go now. Ralph is gone. We will miss him, but neither he nor HRS are returning to this place.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Thank you for understanding.. I will miss both of them...

mccombie_5 said:
As much as i would like to see both guys back, Ralph doesnt want to return. Im really beat about this, i like the guy, and i never had any issue with Jeff either. But Sal has made, unfortunately, the right choice.

Lets remember the good times.

April fools prank.
Holly Prank.
Amy Prank.
Roaming Ralph thread.
Windy City prank.

im sure there are more.

And, for a last time, the pink Fleetwood.

I think we should let it go now. Ralph is gone. We will miss him, but neither he nor HRS are returning to this place.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sal,
Now I'm confused. I thought they were banned but you say they are not?
But you told them you didn't want them back unless they resolved their differences. I think they had a couple of olive branches waved but the fight resurged. Well I guess it's irrelavant as Ralph said he doesn't want to come back.:( I was trying to forage something out of this mess and save something.

Bob

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Ah, Out with the old and in with the new. At least we won't have to look at his constant barage of girlie picks anymore:duck:. If he does get to comeback, I think he needs a punishment of some sorts, like maybe...reseting his beloved post count???:sneaky:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Most you have already expressed what I feel about this.

I understand Sal's position totally.

That said, I don't think its all over.....Sal's left em an opening to come back.

This is a good time out that was long overdue. Bridges have been charred but they can be rebuilt.

If you guys can read this post, I sincerely hope that you guys work things out so we can go back to the good times. To me, you guys are both valuable members here and will be missed.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Maybe I'm not up on the times here, but what exactly happened to create this "fued" of sorts?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jesda said:
When two of your friends get banned and demand you pick sides, you lose them both. It sucks. It really, really sucks.
Jesda,
You're right of course. I saw myself with one life preservor and two men in the water. I felt like I had to try to save one.:eek: The possibility of both didn't seem realistic.

Bob

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Maybe I'm not up on the times here, but what exactly happened to create this "fued" of sorts?
It's kinda complicated, but apparently Ralph took offense to something HRS said way back and they just started fueding. And ever since then they've never been friendly. They've had a couple of flare-ups in the past year and it even extended to the lounge once (this was way back, you know when we still had a CI forum;) ).

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
hmmm, I too am confused... I guess everything that has been going on finally got too much.

I talked with Ralph a few times, HRS a couple, for Ralph atleast, most of his posts were in all the post whore threads, that I tried to stay out of, so I never got into many in-depth conversations with him, but he was a buddy.

One thing I don't like is that I think posts in the lounge and whatnot shoduln't count to someones post count, and even the reputation for that matter....but thats kind of a different story....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.