Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... I have to get my car tag next week.. I know I want a personalized tag, any suggestions?

Thanx so much!
*Sarah*

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
As I was driving one night through the streets of downtown Los Angeles after attending the Super Bowl game between the Rams and the Steelers I became aware of the most extraordinary screaming exhaust sounds raising and lowering in pitch as they echoed off the surrounding buildings. Suddenly there came into view a blood-red mid-engined Ferrari and as it passed me I caught the tag...250LM. And that was what it was a, 250LM Ferrari. The car was being driven flat out up and down the streets and was being totally ignored by LAPD. A litle research showed that the 250LM Ferrari was never made in a street legal version but the car with the plate was the actual Le Mans winner. I never discovered the owner but the purchase price was in the tens of millions and the owner had enough suck to impress the PD. That's the vanity plate I want but with the car to match. No Corsa or Borla system on a Cadillac could ever approach the music that came from that Ferrari. Just thinking about it still sends chills up my spine and that happened almost 25 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
A friend by the name of BEN FLICK had his last name as a vanity plate. We took some black electrical tape and filled the gap in the LI part for him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It needs to be 7 letters heres what i have so far:

KADLAKN (or does it look better with Cs -- CADLACN)
RIDNCLN

i dont care to have my name on it ... i want something pimp :bouncy:

·
Registered
04 CTS
110 Posts
I heard about this one several years ago in Connecticut: "NOPLATE". Apparently, it was recalled...but the owner got away with many parking tickets that couldn't be forwarded until the plate was voided! Could just be 'urban legend' though. But it's worth a try.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
nightowle said:
I heard about this one several years ago in Connecticut: "NOPLATE". Apparently, it was recalled...but the owner got away with many parking tickets that couldn't be forwarded until the plate was voided! Could just be 'urban legend' though. But it's worth a try.
Actually, not a legend.....but the story worked in reverse....he got LOTS of tickets!!

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/noplate.asp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts