Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my CTS a couple of weeks ago and every time I start the car the readout says no personalization, home settings. I have 2 different keys and I know they are supposed to be personalized. I don't have a manual so I am not sure how to do that. Any help?

-Josh

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
turn the ignition to the ON position (do not turn car on)
press the appropriate memory button (1 or 2)
press the TUNE/SEL knob once
turn knob until you highlight the SETUP option
pres the TUNE/SEL knob once
turn knob until you get to the you see PERSONALIZATION ON/OFF. If it is checked, then it is on. if not, then press the TUNE/SEL knob to turn it on.
you can change the "DRIVER 1" to whatever you want.
you can set the mirrors, ac controls, radio stations etc...

I have a complete electronic version of the 2003 owner manual. don't know how to get it to you though.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
^^in addition to what he said:
Personalization is not determined by the keys. It is determined by the remote. The CTS comes with two remotes. 1 and 2 (embossed on the back of the remote.) When you unlock the door with the remote, it will change the personalization setting to the corresponding remote (assuming that feature is enabled in your settings). If you unlock the door with the key, it will use whatever personalization setting was active when the car was turned off.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
In my 06 sports/luxary model, it's either key or remote. For me, driver one. I have it set up for remote. So my remote will set my seat, mirrors, radio and climate control. Then for my girl, driver two. I have it set up for the key. As soon as she inserts the key the seat moves to her posiston as well as everything else. This is wheather my remote or her remote was used.

As for memory recall. What is kept in memory from when you press and hold are seat and mirror posistion. As for the climate control and radio, they are kept in memory by their last usage. Which is good because you don't want to keep on changing the temp of the climate control everytime you get in the car.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2L V6
275 Posts
once you have the personalized settings, if you don't have a remote, just press the 1 or the 2 and it will apply those settings. Quick note, it will only apply the settings if the car is in park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts