Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a sweet 2004 CTS-V and love the car. However, at car start up, occasionally I get the message "Personalization Off", instead of the programmed name I have for the car. When this occurs, the drivers side keypad that controls windows, seat presets and the electric locks won't... Anyone have a similar issue? Thoughts?
Thx
B

·
Registered
474 Posts
Weak battery, bad wiring, OR if you are using a different key and/or FOB then that will do it. Each remote FOB is personalized. Key might be too, but not sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I checked / charged the battery. Using the same key fob that came with the car. Its #2 and has always opened the car. The #1 fob is dead so guess I need to get it checked out. I don't really care about the "Personalization" but not being able to use the driver's door controls to roll down the window, etc. is a pain. Key doesn't appear to have any programming to it. I saw some other posts about the same issue but never a solution.

Thx
B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same issue occur, with my 03 CTS. I actually had to hold the ground and positive wires together for a brief moment once disconnected from battery. To drain the energy stored in the wiring. Once i did that a few times while jumping back and fourth checking if the window was working. It started working again. Only way I have been able to get it to work and I have had to do this two different times, each time when I disconnected the battery to do a repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information. I pulled the drivers door apart this evening as it seems it has something to do with the wires going out to the door. Didn't really find anything but they started working again after manipulating the wires in the rubber boot. May look into a new door wiring harness.

·
Registered
474 Posts
the connectors going from the door to the car can get loose. I would say leave it. Unless it goes out all the time. I had the same issue. Pulled and wiggled the wires, never had an issue after.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the connectors going from the door to the car can get loose. I would say leave it. Unless it goes out all the time. I had the same issue. Pulled and wiggled the wires, never had an issue after.
^this
Each time the car is started the electronic control module checks for the correct signal at numerous circuits and throws a code or warning if the signal is incorrect (if/when the connector has too high impedence from dirt, etc that accumulates over the years). This is most prevalent in the under-hood area but also happens throughout the car. For example, my airbag light used to come on about 3x per week. This was caused by a degraded connection at the passenger seat connector. I then disconnected and applied dielectric grease to the contacts to solve the problem.

In the OP's case, I would disconnect the door switches on the armrest and apply dielectric to all of the contacts. This would ensure all of the door lock and window circuits have low impedence and function normally. Applying dielectric grease is a good practice for all contact points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts