Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old style on the left and the newer on the right. The old style would fit in and have to be removed. The newer style fit in but are a tight fit. They run around $50 on ebay but I got mine cheaper from Corvette member. This particular set came from Bavarian Motorworks(yes, BMW).

Norm

Installed:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Yeah, I bought some of those old-style ones ... fifty smackers! Now, I can't find 'em. I think I forgot to take them out, and they fell out on the road somewhere. :rant2:

Those "permanent" ones look like the way to go. :thumbsup:

Got a link?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I bought some of those old-style ones ... fifty smackers! Now, I can't find 'em. I think I forgot to take them out, and they fell out on the road somewhere. :rant2:

Those "permanent" ones look like the way to go. :thumbsup:

Got a link?
I lost one of my hockey pucks back in 2004 when it first hit the forum. Not any more as these fit really tightly and will not fit a GTO.

http://www.bavauto.com/

51 71 1 960 752

$6.95 is not too bad even when you consider shipping.

Enjoy!

Norm

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Guys, at ~$7 a pad, 4 of em are gonna be right around $28, with a total of $36 with ground shipping. Not that it's bad, but for those thinking it's gonna run below $20, you might just be getting one pad. Then you're gonna have to get the rest of em and cough up another shpping fee. Just so you know.

Unless, it's the $7 for a set of four. But I think it's $7 for one pad. Heads up, so you don't have to pay twice for shipping.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention I have Eibachs and have to drive up on a board or use a scissor jack so the hydralic jack can fit under the puck. Just something I am used to with a lower C5. :)

Norm

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
atdeneve is right. I shoulda bought four instead of just two. :banghead:

And, when I had the old style ones, I had to search around and get a hydraulic jack that was extra low to get under the puck with the GC kit and being lowered.

Good observations, guys.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,110 Posts
To find the BMW jacking pucks, first select 2003 for the year and 325ci for the model and 51 71 1960 752 will be listed. :)
Anyone tried this more recently? When I plugged in the 2003 325Ci it came up with part #51 71 8 268 885, which is a rectangular guy for $7.95. I'd hate to order that and find it won't fit.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
133 Posts
Re: Permanent jacking pucks from the Vette work great! HUH?

I also bought a set of BMW jacking pucks from Bavarian Motor Werks same part number as described in this post and they fit, but not tight. They hang down and rattle on my 2005 V. Eventually, they'll drop off down the road somewhere. The set I bought for my C5Z fit nice and tight but the jacking puck holes on the V frame are mushroomed down toward the road unlike those flushed mounted on the vette frame. Stick with the jacking pucks for the C5 from Elite Engineering. Glad I have some in the trunk. :rant2:

zoz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts