Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and found comments on the nice looks of the long tube headers, but didn't find info on performance gains.

Anyone know the results of headers on a stock V?

I have a Maggie V with a More Per cam? Anyone put headers on a Maggie V and have dyno or seat-of-the-pants results. Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Talk to the folks at Magnuson. They will tell you flat out that a long-tube header is very beneficial to a Maggie. As always, results will vary, but I think it is reasonable to expect at least 20 rwhp.

But...if you live in California, forget it as long-tube headers are not permitted.

·
0 Posts
Rey said:
Talk to the folks at Magnuson. They will tell you flat out that a long-tube header is very beneficial to a Maggie. As always, results will vary, but I think it is reasonable to expect at least 20 rwhp.

But...if you live in California, forget it as long-tube headers are not permitted.
I've been running LT's on 4 seperate cars for over 7 years with zero issues. The V is going to be number 5.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Headers are a must have MOD for anyone looking for serious power. It increases the abilty for the engine to breathe. So any mod you do will be well served with headers. Even on a stock V headers will give you more power over an intake and exhaust combo. Go for it!

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Rey said:

?? There's no restriction on long tube headers per se that I know of. There are lots of available tubular headers here. They do have to be specifically approved for your vehicle by CARB, though.

No such thing as a CARB approval for free-flowing cats, though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your comments it looks like headers are the way to go. Which brand do you recommend? And which high flow cats? I think the diameter is larger than stock. Are there any issues mating the headers/cats with a Corsa exhaust, with the resonator. Should I change the resonator for an x pipe. I pretty much decided to go for power instead of luxury.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Is it really true that the seemingly endless exhaust leak issues have been worked out? I've "been there, done that" in so far as constantly tightening header bolts, which I don't want to do on my V.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
willsctsv said:
Geeezzzz! California! You May As Well Live In Red China.
68 degrees over here in Red China today! :D 20 hp doesn't seem quite so important.

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
LOL. It'll be in the seventies next week. Hate these hard fvcking winters!!

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
That's the only thing were missing over here in NY, the left coasts weather.
I'm jealous!
I heard there changing the states name to Mexifornia, is this true?

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
¿Qué?

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
For best header performance with a Maggie, one should run the "updated" smaller blower pulley from Magnuson.

·
0 Posts
willsctsv said:
I heard there changing the states name to Mexifornia, is this true?
Golly, that was funny ....... about........ ten years ago.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts