Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just doing a little craigslist surfing today, and came upon this, now I am NOT in need of new rotors or pads at this time BUT this sounds like an unbelievable deal. I Might just give it a try and see what happens? Anyone else tried this guy or think this is a legit deal? Check it out, looks like he ships to you, and or will sell to shops......
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1164481339.html

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts
It doesn't really say if its supposed to be better than stock, but I assume if anyone just needed replacements it would be a good deal for that price. I don't know much about brakes though.

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I do not know that they are necessarily "Performance" but usually cross-drilled rotors are advertised to be better than normals because of the ability to diffuse the heat. Either way still seems like a decent deal, im just wondering about the quality of the product.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
keep wondering.

slotted & drilled rotors are a nice cosmetic enhancement, but that's about it. many are prone to cracking and running through pads more quickly. Not saying they won't give you some better stopping power over stock, but--believe it or not--plain rotors are the best.

pass

·
Registered
06' Cadillac CTS
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea Im leaning your way Cadillac Kid, I have heard that they are prone to cracking etc...... so not for me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts