Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'03 STS, '99 SLS (sold), '02 Yukon, '02 Z28
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking everywhere for performance parts for my 03 STS. Where should I go?

·
Registered
99 STS
269 Posts
Yeah well that sticky is worthless so i can understand the thread...My advice is order as much as you can from the company that makes it. For example, a friend of my mine priced his brembo brake kit for several different distributors and ordering them from brembo turned out over $200 cheaper

adam

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
make a better one
I second that.

I intentionally left out brakes and springs because they are available from any normal supplier for most of our previous generation DTS, STS and ETCs. The items listed in the sticky were meant for people who wanted bolt on power mods that don't exist in mass production, not bolt on suspension and brake parts which are readily mass produced for our cars...

·
Registered
'03 STS, '99 SLS (sold), '02 Yukon, '02 Z28
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would not say that the "mega post" is worthless but it only offers vague information as to what to do and where to go to get what you want. I have been serching for a good performance site or links to for almost a year and if you read my post correctly it says "where should I go" not "what do I do." I am looking for cold air kit and exhaust dealers. So far this post has told me nothing new.

Further note, I do not appreciate being called "lazy" I do not have the time nor the patience to sit at my computer to make and read posts all day. Being that this is a enthuziests site, i would think that this is a place to where like minded people can exchange help and ideas. Not to listen to this crap. As a "Newbe" I would expect that there would have been more understanding in the replies I received. If you guys plan on adding any new blood to this site then I suggest a change of attitude.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
:tisk: OK......change of attitude. Get off your butt and learn to use the search function at the top of the page. Everything you need is there. One thing you will eventually find out is that there is practically nothing in the "performance mod" area for an '03 STS. Air boxes and exhausts are fun and trick, but actually do little for performance except at WOT redline, if then....... Look at CORSA for an exhaust: It looks and sounds good, has a lifetime guarantee, might give you a hp or 2 up at high RPM, but that's it. (I have one on my '02.)

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
More or less there isn't a high enough demand for a company to make cold air intakes. You can buy the one for the deville from Volant and modify it to fit. Other than that do the exhaust and then find someone to reprogram your computer's shift points and air/fuel ratio. I recomend Big 3 Performance.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
all ive done is lit'm up and i posted that
the exhaust to be honest its at a pitch were the vid cam does NOT do it justice. Its totally bad ass....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts